The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Drakan Spyder

7K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  RPetry 
#1 ·
Been doing final touches on my Elise with my independent shop here in NJ. Just noticed this link in his email sig.

Drakan Cars

This is a Sector 111 project, with 5 - 10 cars available next year. Claims to be emissions compliant in all 50 states, with possible "kit car" road registration available in states that allow fun cars. Check out the specs on the website. If even close to claimed, this thing will be a true monster.

#7 ·
i wonder why they aren't going with "proper" bell cranks and longitudinal horizontal dampers?

#17 ·
I always appreciated (based on my lay man's view) the engineering going into Palatov's concepts. But looks are important for that "want" factor and the Drakan brings that in spades. Looks fantastic.

Drove a pre-production mule very briefly and it was a blast. The acceleration made me giggle.

#18 ·
Thx for starting this thread. Yes, we have developed the Drakan Spyder with Palatov and very happy with the results. The media and owners have been pleased with the performance.

Mark Vaughn reveiwed it. Check out the Autoweek article: HERE

Matt Farah also did a video review on /Drive+ Chennel on Youtube. He loved it as well. Leno drove it and was also very pleased. His review should air later this year. Motor Trend just tested performance. Official numbers are coming soon - we got a preview and are very, very stoked...

We do have one slot left - so not all 10 are sold. Give me a shout if you have any questions about it.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.