LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - side skirts options
View Single Post
post #40 of (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 08:24 PM
rosscarlson
Absolute power does what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR82DRV View Post
Here's my version of option #8 in the OP. These are custom cut for the Elise from .090 aluminum. Turned out great. The total cost was about $150.
I agree they look great and look far easier to get in and out of the car as they are much (seemingly) narrower than mine. I wonder how much that affects aero though as I wonder how much wider the bottom of my car is vs. yours. While I'd guess we could be talking as much as 6-8" I honestly can't imagine that makes a huge difference in terms of down force.

Anyone smarter than me care to chime in? As I understand the skirts are the biggest aero mod you can do since it makes the footprint of the car over 12" wider in total. Again not sure if that's just me justifying the higher cost and PITA factor that mine add. Either way GR8DRV I do think those look great, especially given you made them yourself.

2006 Exige | Full List | BOE Rev400 (357whp) | JC Head | ProAlloy | ForceFed | BOE QS | ITG Airbox | BOE catch cans | gPan2 | Setrab | JUBU | Tillett B5s | Scroth 6pt | OMP Superquadro | interior/HVAC delete | Traqmate | Chasecam | Lift Point Kit | Ultradiscs | RBF 600 | RS14 | Vented Pistons | Penske DA 600/800lbs | V2 arms | BOELinks | ShiftEnforcer | Manly mounts | Braille | Yoko S01s | R888s | GTC-200 & Canards | RACEsills | BOE UnderAero | F1 Livery

Daily/Tow: '10 V8 Pathfinder LE
Former: '11 Jaguar XF-R | '08 Audi RS 4 | '09 Legacy Spec.B | '08 Volvo S60R | '07 Nissan 350Z

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome