The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

LOONY cup holder review?

7K views 31 replies 17 participants last post by  tvacc 
#1 ·
Anyone here have the LOONY cup holder?
Elise Cupholder

Haven't seen much information on this one. Costs a lot less than the OEM or ORE, but wondering about the quality and design.

#2 ·
Well, it is my cup holder. So I can't review it. Have sold hundreds and never a return nor a complaint. Tell you what, buy it, if you don't like it, send it back undamaged and I will give you back $75 of the $83 you paid for it.

Regards

Tony Vaccaro

#3 ·
I've never seen that before but looks pretty slick - especially with it being able to slide up under the dash and out of the way. The straps look pretty heavy duty. The only concern I'd have just looking at it is - does it bounce much when extended out or is it pretty sturdy?

Very cool cupholder

#4 ·
The bouncing is minimal if at all. My son uses it all the time in his Elise. I used mine till last year when I put in a center holder for gauges. I just have not got around to reengineering it to work with the center gauge holder. Before that I had thousands of miles on mine with no issues.

#5 · (Edited)
I have this. It's virgin aluminum and not anodized. It fits a big black 20oz bottle of coke easily. The criss-cross G-string is deep enough to cradle the longest of bottles without spillage. The edges were a little sharp to the touch at first, but it smoothes out over use. I kinda like it sharp, it feels raw. It slides in and out easy, but not too easy where it'll slip out accidently when pounding the pavement. It comes with a rubber sleeve if you want protection. But I like it el-naturale - bare aluminum. There's no drilling necessary. If I recall, there was one larger hole and one smaller hole, it will let you mount it easily with your screwdriver. It's pretty stiff when it sticks out, it doesn't flop around if it's not empty. After your done, just tuck it away.

Ok now get your mind out of the gutter.

ORE is nice, but pricey and double is ridiculous. You don't need two cupholders in a lotus unless 1. your passenger is not your spouse/significant other or 2. Your spouse is having an outbreak.

OEM looks nice, but is more form than function, and $$$. All other options (tennis ball darth crap, suction cup, center console, etc) sucks ass.

Tony's cupholder is best bang for the buck.

#15 ·
+1. Love my ORE double!

#13 ·
Yours did not come with a black piece of rubber to shield it against the bottom of the dash? They are all sealed at our place of manufacture. I am sorry I did not notice that.

I don't make a big deal of this we have them manufactured at a place that hires disabled, mentally handicapped, autistic for most of the jobs.

We try to keep the cost low to keep it affordable for this place to do it. Like I said, we don't make a big deal of it. I don't think I have ever told anyone that before.

We are getting ready to order another batch.

#16 ·
I have the ORE Double and the LOONY single.

The ORE double's "sling" that holds the drinks isn't as stable and I've had bottles or cans try and escape. For what that cup holder cost, I'm extremely disappointed.

The Loony single never has this problem and a bottle of water will even stay put at a track event.

I leave the Loony single in and the SO uses the Sector 111 cup holder on the passenger side.

#18 ·
You track the car with a bottle of water in the holder?

#17 ·
Mine did not come with a rubber sleeve.
Is that picture is from you then the rubber sleeve is that rubber piece that you can remove.

#23 ·
Can you mount 2 of them side by side, or one on the passenger side?

#25 ·
GRP or gtfo

#28 ·
Just a follow-up review - this cupholder works very well for me! I've only used it a few times, mainly with styrofoam cups from local restaurants. Have had no issues with cups fitting and they stay in snugly during normal driving. Only little flaws are - doesn't slide in and out very smoothly, finish quality is slightly below average. For the price, very hard to beat.

#32 ·
HI guys.
Yes I am busy with LOG in 2 weeks but the real issue is two fold.
The company I was using to make these was a sheltered workshop. They lost their funding with the new guy in office. I have not found another place to make them that they don't cost a lot more.

Second as far as responding. Very serious family medical issues have taken me out of the loop on some things. I am very sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Tony V

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.