LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Mishimoto Sandwich Plate with Thermostat
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 06:25 PM
XtinctElise
Saffron Yellow is Lighter

Exclamation Is the Mishimoto Thermostat a Direct Replacement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krule View Post
Its deep in one of the oil temp posts.
Long and short, the after market mocal plate doesn't fit due to its port location and size. The thermostat, however can be directly swapped, prly could leave the plate on the car when doing it.
Now, in regards to oil temp....
The oil will get a bit hotter, but not 200'. The problem most likely is due to the oil volume and the passive cooling from the coolers even when the thermostat is open causing the oil to remain in less then ideal temps. Blocking off one or both of the coolers will still need to happen. I am going to be relocation my oil cooler soon, as i feel the high temp thermostat and a proper oil cooler is the way to go...
Here are some pics...
Do you know if the Mishimoto Thermostat is a direct replacement or if it has fitment issues?

Mishimoto Thermostatic Oil Sandwich Plate, by Mishimoto

'05 Lotus Elise - Saffron Yellow | Sport Pack | Touring Pack | REV400 - 5.6 lbs/hp | ACT HDSS Clutch | DMC Header | Sport Cat | Larini SE Exhaust | Monolites/R888R | BWR Double-Adjustable Shocks | shiftR111/LETSLA/SSC Cables | Shorai Lithium-Iron Battery

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome