LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Looking for an Elise SC Test Drive "Exchange" in DC/MD/VA
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2016, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Habious

Garage
I wanted to follow up on this thread (that I started).

So, the summer hit and, along with all sorts of family crap happening, the Tesla decides to die...again.

The reason my eyes started to wander is because of the lack of reliability that I've been getting from the Tesla (the Roadster specifically). Well, my car has now taken "unreliable" to a whole 'nuther level.

On July 6 it crapped out (wouldn't charge - thankfully, it was in my driveway). Tesla towed it away.

I haven't seen it since.

4+ months and it's still "waiting on parts".

I gave up, I've moved on. Picked up a 2011 Elise (with a REV300 supercharger) last week, and I LOVE it!

It's just amazing how it...starts. You can actually drive it. It runs! (yeah, my standards are very low right now)

But, seriously, we flew to Detroit and bought it from @spitfun . Drove it home (572 miles, in one day). Had no problems at all. Car ran great. Been driving it daily since.

Once I get the Tesla back it'll be fun to compare to the two side-by-side (and then put a For Sale sign on the Tesla).
Attached Images

2011 Lotus Elise REV300 - Starlight Black Metallic
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
2011 Tesla Roadster 2.5 - Midnight Blue (sold)
2004 Chevy SSR Convertible Pickup - Ultra Violet (sold)

My CarPC YouTube Video - - - - - - - - - - - - - NY Times Article

Last edited by Habious; 11-18-2016 at 05:18 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome