LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Lotus reference in Feb -2017 Motor Trend
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 02:46 PM
craigyirush
craigyirush

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3carmonte View Post
In "Your Say... Readers Thoughts On Past Issues" there is feedback on the MT choice of "Best Drivers Car". (Jan. 2017 issue I believe). The winner was the McLaren 570S which was described as:
" Basic, engaging, less powerful, lighter, quicker, organic, telepathic."
So a reader submit's, "Are you sure there wasn't a LOTUS badge somewhere on that 570S?"
"P.S. Yes, I own an Elise".
Bruce Oblad
North Salt Lake, Utah

To which the editor replies: We checked. No Lotus badge. But we're hoping we'll be able to find one for you somewhere in time for next year's Best Driver's Car competition.
But I wonder why the 400 wasn't in MT's test this year? It wasn't in Car and Driver's either. Did Lotus not get them a car, or did they not ask for one? R&T was the only American mag that put it in their best driver's car competition, where, as we've just discussed, it did rather well.

05 Elise, ST, sports, touring, hardtop, DBA 4000 slotted discs, Ferodo DS2500 pads, Sector 111 gpan3, EP Tuning Quickrack, Pro Alloy rad, DS brace, HnT pad, front and rear tow hooks, CG lock, ORE double cup holder (caffeine for track); '86 911 Targa (sold); '68 MGB (being restored)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome