LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - New Muffler in Development
View Single Post
post #41 of (permalink) Old 05-02-2017, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
shinoo
Supporting Vendor

Test fitment of the first article went great. This is essentially the first part made from production tooling. It is on the car and it looks and sounds absolutely awesome. My supplier is a few hours away so I had to drive the car on back roads and on the freeway. The sound is wicked on the second cam and dead quiet when cruising. I honestly believe this is a breakthrough for our Lotus community. If you are sick of drone yet still want a great sound - when your foot is in it - this is the kit. I'm especially happy with how light it is.

I also like how simple the final design has turned out. The inlet is straight into the muffler can instead of bent. The can itself is also straight and then the tip comes out, makes a 90deg turn. I decided to go with a brushed finish and offer polished as an option. The welds look really great. The tip will be as you see. I decided against the double wall tip as I really like the purity of this look and many of you agree. I know this won't please some so I apologize upfront. When I introduced the naked rear to the US market, I was also flamed for a period of time. Now look how popular it has become A diffuser exit system will be next once we get rolling on this.

I forgot to weigh it before we installed it. The prototype weighed just under 15.5lbs and I expect this to be the same or lighter. Production is underway and we expect to see them in 3-4 weeks.

I want to meet up with some local Lotus owners so they can hear and see this for themselves. I'll try to get something organized this weekend.
Attached Images

InoKinetic - Tasty Bits for Your Lotus

BlackShadow Motors - Niche Car Sales, Service & Restoration

Email or call (951)296-6762 us for advice. We will respond!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome