LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Annual Longer Distance Roadtrip from CA to Mt. Rushmore (4365 miles)
View Single Post
post #23 of (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
joldsha

Day 15 (Sep 2). Had a nice last day route planned, but like life, nothing is ever guaranteed. No pictures, just silver lining. Had some issues (non-lotus related), but my wife and I went home first (7.5hrs drive), then we drove our Mazda3 back north to help with the issue, but on our way the Mazda3 had a flat tire..in a no service phone area in an isolated section of the mountains around 9pm. Long story short, we are all ok, but that day and the day after were pretty long. Funny how my Lotus had far less problems then my Mazda. Now I'm thinking of replacing my Mazda with another car.

On another note, I read Randy Chase's fb post about one of our gglc members doing a 8000 mile road trip to cross off her bucket list..I believe she's 82. Damn, wish I could of gone with her on that trip, but after this trip..I'm beat. I've driven over 5000 on this trip with the detours and starting point...but 8000 is on another level.

2005 Lotus Elise (Starlight Black)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome