The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Alternative for Peak global lifetime antifreeze

6K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Ron-323 
#1 ·
Well I went to every local auto parts and even Amazon and can't find Peak Global Lifetime antifreeze.

What is a good alternative?

I am doing complete fluid change with new Pro Allay radiator and Raduim coolant overflow unit.

#4 ·
Wow, been to or called every auto parts store local metro Detroit and could not find.

Then I go to local corner drug store (Walgreens ) and they have it in stock

#6 ·
I use Toyota red. Seems like most anyone on a toyota forum with 2zz uses it and its OEM. Couple of pictures of things sitting in Peak coolant worked well enough to scare me away from it no matter what Lotus USA says. (I'm a belt and suspenders kinda guy)

Reactions: mattjk and Kubera
#8 ·
#9 ·
took my car in for a coolant flush and brought my own Peak Global Lifetime. The shop recommended using the Toyota red instead, but was willing to put the Peak in if that's what I wanted. They have seen cars using the Peak Global having a black residue in the overflow tank, which then leads one to believe the residue could be in the entire cooling system. I had a patch of black residue in my expansion tank.

I will return the Peak Global and told them to go ahead and use the Toyota coolant. This recommendation is from Tracspec in Fremont, and their shop if filled with Lotus and the owner races his own Exige.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.