LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - The Stories Of Lightweight Flywheels are Greatly exaggerated
View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Ls1Rx7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
It is not like it becomes undrivable on the street with the Fidanza, but in combination with an ACT HDSS it becomes a little more challenging in stop and go traffic, especially when on an incline.
What clutch do you have?
ACT HDSS which is a very very mild clutch when it comes to an aftermarket clutch. I mean I believe it's a sprung hub organic material (that's basically the same general setup as an OEM clutch) when you start getting into the semi metalic / sintered iron, small diameter clutches, things go to hell pretty quick,

But other than some more pedal effort (which I'm never a fan of, but it's part of the territory if you're making more power) the HDSS is stock.

Lets just say I wouldn't even know a car had a lightweight flywheel. This car just revs like a stock AP1 S2000 now. It's within the realm of OEM.

First start I did was drive it up my driveway, and was surprised the car didn't bog or jutter at all with just a quick blip,

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome