LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Evora 400 decat pipe - WOW!
View Single Post
post #17 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2018, 03:37 PM
Julian73

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15mpge400 View Post
Two questions:

Do we believe that for emissions testing outside of Cali, we should pass with this new setup?
Do we believe that Lotus will not see this as in any way impacting our US warranties? I would be happy to ask directly if no one has...

Sorry for the specific questions but wanted to be clear. Obviously I don't hold anyone responsible for their opinions on these two questions.

Finally - I would really like to understand just how much louder this makes the car. I do want more volume but not a ton more sound (just better quality). Critically, when the car is in default mode (quiet mode), can I assume it is still reasonably quieter than the old "loud" mode (with the second cat)? Of course a youtube video compare would be priceless...

Car should pass non- Cali emission tests without the 3rd Cat, intact would probable pass in Cali too, except maybe not over the 8/10 yr emission performance warranty period that car companies are obligated to. As to Cali regulations, many, many other states (New York for example, there to California emission standards not Federal) so yes the market is very small for a non-cali approved car. Warranty impact, under US law a car company must prove that your part caused a failure. Cat elimination reduces heat loading so mechanical failures would not be caused by its removal, now I hope one has sense to not try to hold Lotus responsible for an emissions test failure.

'17 Evora Sport 410 GP (No. 1 of 9) LMS alloy pan, BOE headers, SSC harness bar
'12 Evora S GP (No. 1 of 14) BOE Prototype S 430 **SOLD**

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome