The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

CF Mohawk Scoop without roof panels

27K views 131 replies 32 participants last post by  senna's daddy 
#1 ·
I'm having my friend make a CF Mohawk Scoop without roof panels for my personal use.

He'll be pulling and making molds so multiple units can be made, let me know if anyone is interested in having one.

Below is a photo to show what this may look like, the Mohawk scoop will be without the extra bit of CF shown on this Reverie CF scoop.

The Mustang is one of his past projects, he can make front and rear clams if anyone is interested.

Attachments

See less See more
#46 ·
Working on the shape of the new scoop, my friend has used foam to replicate the overall contours of the OEM scoop. He has outlined the shape of the new scoop, which will be about 2" taller and about 4" forward of the windshield to take advantage of the high-pressure area shown by the wind tunnel video.

We are going for a Porsche GT1 and Mercedes Project 1 shape in an attempt to make Colin Chapman smile, and Gordon Murray envious.

Attachments

#50 ·
Here are some pictures from yesterday, I have some pricing for those who are interested in this top in CF or FG.
I learned that the stock Mohawk scoop and roof cavity is a shared volume, the ones I'll make will not, so there will be a real ram effect.
This top in complete CF and epoxy resin (factory uses polyester resin) will weight about 6 lbs and cost $4250
This top in FG and polyester will be $1750, either single (w/o headliner) or double skin (with headliner).
Shipping will be the actual cost to CONUS.

Attachments

#53 ·
Hello, first of all I am wondering roughly where you guys live? I'm looking to find someone to consider custom work on my Evora. But just discussing this post, I want to add a mohawk roof scoop to my Evora and blend it into the roof before paint. l know it goes against everything an Evora owner should ever think of doing lol, but I'm going for a specific look. I'll be first to admit the car drives to the grocery store and my work. I'm going for form over function, I'll just be honest. I'm wondering specs on this to see if it would span the width of the recessed middle section of the Evora roof and also how far back it would go. Thank you, please feel free to email me at dustincourtright@cox.net if that works. Thanks!!!

#59 ·
Awesome Progress. Can't wait to see how that new scoop will look all finished and on the car. I know the performance is superior, just not sure the look has grown on me enough. :)

#67 ·
The CF top and bottom halves have been bonded with structural adhesive, the scoop is test fitted to my car.

The interface with the A-pillar is secured by a cup that captures the protruding plastic box for the front metal pin tension attachment, the B-pillar uses the same OEM screw that holds the black plastic OEM part - no drilling no modification to any OEM surface or part.

Attachments

#72 ·
finally got mine done. narrow weather window between rain and heat , so it will get used for a few weeks now and in the fall

It fits in the trunk, so one coudl carry a soft top and trade off in case of rain
I have the side scoops active for the intercooler, so this is really just for looks.

Attachments

#73 ·
Nice, very similar to my original idea because how unfinished the small hole in the B-pillar looks without the top. My friend and I are OCD, him more so, so you know how mission creeps tend to progress. Here are the latest photos of the clear gel coat before sanding and polish.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.