LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Can you tell if my toe link nuts have been upgraded?
View Single Post
post #11 of (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 10:24 AM
Vantage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastvance View Post
After reading the BOE page on their upgrade option, which it looks like my car has, I'm feeling pretty good about it . Of course, I will check torque on them periodically any way. I am a little confused about this post though:
Sorry for the confusion, when I looked at your post, you had only posted one of the pictures at that time.

The official Lotus track pack solution and some other aftermarket solutions also include an extra bar that connects the two toe link bolts in order to put the toe link bolts into "double shear", like this:
https://www.inokinetic.com/lotus/rtdbrace

Anyway, not at all saying this is the only way to do things. Nor could I explain to you the pros and cons of the different approaches. If you are happy with the BOE solution, then that's good, one less thing to worry about.

'05 Lotus Elise: RS134 Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4

Last edited by Vantage; 02-20-2019 at 10:56 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome