LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - 2007 Lotus Exige Cup Car serial number 001
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 07:49 AM
Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris from DRS View Post
Jack, that's simply not true. After you sold this car to Larry Schnur we did all of the modifications that brought it to this current spec. We (DRS) raced this car in Lotus Cup as it is represented in this advertisement. Larry won the championship in 2013 in Cup Class. The following year we raced the car in SuperSport class. I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014. I purchased the car from Larry in 2015. We raced it only a few times, with a win at COTA. Then I sold it to the current owner that is listing it now. These are all facts, not created stories.

Sorry Kris, but I think what I said is true "That car never ran in Lotus Cup in its current configuration." I probably should have been more precise by saying that the "car" in its current configuration never won any championships. If I'm wrong and this car, as currently configured, competed in the CUP Class or SuperSport Class with 310 HP...then WOW, that would have been inconsistent with the class rules back in 2013. I'm sure it did not, as you are one of the most ethical and honest people I know.

In no way, am I commenting, nor did I dispute that, DRS "supported" that car for most of its entire life after Larry purchased it from me in 2010 (it might have been late 2009). Nor, is it my intention to not acknowledge that the car when it was mostly stock won the class championship in 2013, in the very capable hands of Larry.

As for me and my participation in Lotus Cup -- I feel hurt by your statement ... "I don't remember seeing you at many races after 2012 so maybe you weren't aware that this car was in competition 2012, 2013, and 2014." I'm clearly a "forgetable" person.

Just for the record, I did run the entire 2013 season (and even notched a few overall wins. I also did a couple races in 2014.

The above are facts and not stories ..... love you Kris and the work you do for the Lotus community.

I apoligize, if I caused you any consternation. I did not realize you created the AD that apexdc posted for the non-LotusTalk member/owner of the car in question.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome