LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - The lost Exige and other mysteries
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
jordanpryce
Flower Power

The lost Exige and other mysteries

A good friend of mine once said "I'm not rich enough to fill my garage with all of the cars I could want, but I can own just about most of them one at a time".

Over the years I've been lucky enough to follow those principles. I've owned some fantastic cars including Porsches ranging from a 1967 hot rod to modern cayman and 911, a BMW M coupe (clownshoe), 2015 Elise, etc.

After all of them, it's the Lotus, despite its faults that keeps coming back to me. Being lucky enough to not need it as a DD, but also busy enough that I don't get a lot of free time, I've decided that an Exige would be just right to give me something to tinker on in the garage, auto-x on occasion, or to pop out for the impromptu Bear Mountain run or Caffeine and Carburetors.

The only issue is finding one! What happened? When I was looking for the the Elise it seemed like there were good early Exiges available at all times. They were never particularly expensive, and you could have a pick of colors. Now it seems that I am seeing over priced, low miles cars that simply aren't selling, or high miles, tracked out (or otherwise heavily modded) cars that simply are too personalized for me (wanting to make my own personalizations of course)

Where's the plain white (or black or orange etc), unmodified 06 that used to be a dime a dozen? you would think that at 10 plus years old they would be trading hands as the owners move up into "modern" performance cars or into more practical daily cars as their families grow.

Jordan
Long Beach NY

2006 Krypton Exige Track Pack, LSD, Touring

Gone:2005 Lotus Elise, 93 RS America, 75 Carrera, 00 M Coupe, 11 C4 GTS, 71 914-6, 65 356C, 13 Boxster, 98 BMW M3 E36 among others

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome