LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Superchargers
Thread: Superchargers
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 11:07 PM
TechnoHippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmansan View Post
It isn't obvious and you also have to add the weight and the parasitic draw from the SC. Especially with the MP45, as it's too small and too easily heat-soaked to make any more power, tune or not. LionZoo has the Elise SC and has considered removing the SC. If that's not a non-endorsement of the MP45, I don't know what is. If you haven't read the other posts in this thread, you should.

San
yeah the MP45 supercharger doesn't move a whole lot of air compared to the others as its smaller. I will soon be finding out (tomorrow as matter of fact) because I've had one put in my n/a 2005. In my case in addition to a one-off custom ECU tune, also have performed lot of head work (porting an polishing) and also on in the intake,bigger injectors, etc....and I had previously upgraded the cooling system (radiator and fans) along with a bunch of other stuff. I assure you that I'm waaay beyond the 220hp - 240hp normally seen with the MP45. For most people just getting a REV300 would be a simpler way to get the power (and probably cheaper in the long run due to the head and intake work) -- but I got a screamin deal on the labor and ECU tune Now if you're just going to have the stock MP45 setup - it might be a little bit quicker, the driveability might improve some due to the extra torque - but "worth it"? I guess that depends on the individual and how much money they wanna spend and how fast they wanna go. I have heard so much from both sides of this -- lots of guys have told me that the mp45 supercharger makes all the difference in the world - and others have said it's not worth it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome