LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Superchargers
Thread: Superchargers
View Single Post
post #15 of (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 04:26 AM
oldmansan
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
yeah the MP45 supercharger doesn't move a whole lot of air compared to the others as its smaller. I will soon be finding out (tomorrow as matter of fact) because I've had one put in my n/a 2005. In my case in addition to a one-off custom ECU tune, also have performed lot of head work (porting an polishing) and also on in the intake,bigger injectors, etc....and I had previously upgraded the cooling system (radiator and fans) along with a bunch of other stuff. I assure you that I'm waaay beyond the 220hp - 240hp normally seen with the MP45. For most people just getting a REV300 would be a simpler way to get the power (and probably cheaper in the long run due to the head and intake work) -- but I got a screamin deal on the labor and ECU tune Now if you're just going to have the stock MP45 setup - it might be a little bit quicker, the driveability might improve some due to the extra torque - but "worth it"? I guess that depends on the individual and how much money they wanna spend and how fast they wanna go. I have heard so much from both sides of this -- lots of guys have told me that the mp45 supercharger makes all the difference in the world - and others have said it's not worth it.
You've stated your optimism before, but after a compressor map of the MP45 was posted and Phil commented on head work and the MP45, you disappeared from the dyno thread.

https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...ml#post5941322
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f25...ml#post5941398

You likely would have been better off without the MP45.

San

#8 Metric Allen Key, Plastic Carpet Buttons

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome