Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Right next door to Hell, NJ
Since the blower motor resistor pack is known to die, I replaced it. It was working fine, but no sense it putting the whole thing back together and then having it blow up. A big thank you to rob13572468 for this thread on a DIY pack:
I made a new one with the recommended resistors and used some thermal tape and screws to fix it to an aluminum heat sink of amazon. Before mounting it, I tested it to ensure I had all speeds working, and it was great. I 3-D printed a small panel to cover up the hole in the blower motor where the pack will no longer be residing.
Did some additional clean up with the air ducting, lubed up any joints, and put some HVAC tape to keep everything as air tight as possible.
05 Ardent Red Elise +60k miles
Interior: Red & black steering wheel/gauge cover/trim shop seats, 4tress harness bar, Schroth 4 pt. ASM harnesses, JL E645 amp, Boston Acoustics speakers, JL sub, micro mirror, red start button
Exterior:Forcedfed half carbon front splitter, APR rear wing, Reverie side scoops, Craftsquare mirrors, blacked out lights/badges, Clam hinge
Engine/Drivetrain: Exedy clutch, Toda flywheel, Fujita intake, Arqray SS single tip exhaust