The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Charlotte/ Fort Mill area

3K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  flopshotgolf 
#1 ·
I am in Fort Mill and am in the market for an Elise. I went and test drove a one this weekend that I liked, but have never driven another Elise so have nothing for comparison. Is there anyone that would be willing to meet and at least take me for a ride in their elise just so I have something for comparison?

Also, where do guys in the area go for service?

#3 ·
Just bought my first Lotus, picked up 1997 Esprit V8 last week. Also live in Fort Mill, so if you see a Calypso Red Esprit, chances are it's me! Did you ever find a local Lotus mechanic?

I believe I’ve meet you once or twice at a C&C. Although the guy I’ve talked to has a for sale sign in it... hope that’s not you! I haven’t been able to find a place that will do any major work, but if you’re ever in need of some help let me know I’m near uptown Charlotte.

#7 ·
Maybe you can get a ride in Eldon's. I have not seen it but I think it has a passenger seat. (Full on race car).

The guy that I bought by Elise from used Lotus of Greenville, but that was 4 years ago (doesn't seem like it was that long ago) and I have no idea on their quality.

Good luck.

#12 ·
Tray,

I'm not much of a morning person but I'll see if I can make it. Unfortunately, the car still has rubber marks from the track but people will know that the car is used for what it was built for. If you want to, you can plan on swinging by the house/shop and seeing the Cup-R afterwords.

Later,
Eldon

#15 ·
HAHAHAHAHA... :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:.... same thing with me and Eldon!!! I got there, couldn't find cars, called Eldon and just before he pulled in I checked the pic I took and saw it's the 14th... the day of my drive! so yeah, hahaha... no worries.

And was great surprise to meet you Edward, you're car is beautiful and I hope to get you up to Asheville this year!

#18 ·
It's a local group called Brits & Brews Charlotte. I've never met up with them, and only have seen their Facebook event posts. Their meet conflicts with the exotic cars meetup at Lamborghini Charlotte, and my car and my personal preferences fit better with the exotics than the old MG's and Triumphs.

Edgar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.