LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Wheel Decals
Thread: Wheel Decals
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2019, 06:11 PM
RapidLotus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplife View Post
Like the idea but IMHO the yellow set is a definite clash with the center badges and detracts from the overall look. How weatherproof are they?
Thanks for the posting of the pictures! Looking great but I agree with the yellows being a bit off. Colors can be hard to match because of the vinyl is not produced in a bunch of shades and cannot be "mixed" to match a certain color. I'd be glad to try another color if you like. I am thinking a white set might go better.
All the decals I make are cut from VViVid vinyl which is automotive wrap so should up well to anything we can throw at it environmentally. They state expected durability is 5 - 7 years but since most of our cars are stored indoors I would expect longer. Another advantages of automotive wrap over hobby vinyl is that it is easily positionable, removable, and has bubble release technology.
I can make pretty much anything but my present limitations are 1' x 5' because my cutter only handles 1' wide material.

2005 Chrome Orange Elise, BWR supercharger, TR Motorsport F1 rims and R888s, Nitron NTR40 Single Adjustables with Eibach springs,Sector 111 308BBL brakes, BWR Silent Touch exhaust, CF side scoops, front splitter, and engine cover.
Central Florida

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome