The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Has Your New Elise Just Been Delivered? Post Your New Elise Pictures Here!

685K views 2K replies 805 participants last post by  Jsinaz 
#1 ·
Here is the new thread to post your pictures of your new baby.
Please only post on topic (as the last thread got hijacked).

#5 ·
Mark, I'm #14 on the list at Behlman Lotus in St. Louis. It appears your demo car is exactly what I have ordered. Storm Titanium/Touring/Black Leather/Hardtop. I'm curious as to your view point on this color combination looks. I've toyed with changing the color combination to ardent red/biscuit, but keep coming back full circle back to the color combination I ordered. Thanks in advance for any thoughts you may have. Ray

#8 ·
Storm Titanium

Hey Ray,
It so personal. Driving a Storm Titanium car I though would be low profile as compared to the Chrome Orange Esprit I was driving this morning. I sold it by the way!!! It is much more subtle than Ardent, Chrome or Yellow. If you want the attention you never got when you were a kid, get Chrome, Yellow or Red. I drive a Yellow Exige by the way. Never enough attention......I love the car but will tell you what it really needs. I hope Lotus comes up with this but if not, perhaps Elise parts will. The instrument cluster and two corners of the dash that have plastic covers are CRYING out for a carbon fiber update to make the interior look richer. I did that to my Exige and it changed the entire appearance of the interior. All in good time......

Attachments

#10 ·
There are a few different options. Email them to me is one. Another is to use our online gallery. Simplest is to just attach them to each post. Note when you reply that there is an option to attach at the bottom. Just click browse and find the image on your computer. Unless your image is huge, it will upload and be part of your post.

The main limitation is you can only do one image per post that way.

#11 ·
Re: Storm Titanium

Mark Starr said:
......I love the car but will tell you what it really needs. I hope Lotus comes up with this but if not, perhaps Elise parts will. The instrument cluster and two corners of the dash that have plastic covers are CRYING out for a carbon fiber update to make the interior look richer. I did that to my Exige and it changed the entire appearance of the interior. All in good time......
Mark needs the CF bits to make him think he's going faster around the track......

:cool: :D :p

#12 ·
Mark, thanks for your thoughts on the ST/ black vs. ardent/biscuit color combinations. I would probably change my color choice if I new it would not move me back in the production/delivery cycle. I've read elsewhere where changing your color choice basically moves you to the back of the production line and I don't want to give up my current position for the sole purpose of a color change. Thanks again for your thoughts. Ray

#18 ·
Are all those cars for one dealer? Dimmitt hasn't gotten their cars in yet, and I know their demo is SY. I see one on the truck, wonder if that's their demo?

#19 ·
tidalwdave said:
Are all those cars for one dealer? Dimmitt hasn't gotten their cars in yet, and I know their demo is SY. I see one on the truck, wonder if that's their demo?
I wondered that, but I would think if it was for one dealer, they would not have put a couple of them so deep. I would think it's all thought out.

As I was told, these trucks will take a long route to get to some dealers, visiting other dealerships to drop off other model cars.

#21 ·
xxxotic said:
That is a picture of the truck that was dropping off the car in West Palm. They only got one car. There are a few other Elises on
it as well as some other cars for other non-Lotus car dealers. The truck is dropping off the cars at dealers across the state.
Thanks. Figures, most of the Lotus dealerships are on of Florida's east coast and get theirs first, so us in Tampa on the west coast get our cars last. :(

So, those three cars deep in could be the three Dimmitt is waiting for, their demo SY and two customer cars.

#22 ·
tidalwdave said:
Thanks. Figures, most of the Lotus dealerships are on of Florida's east coast and get theirs first, so us in Tampa on the west coast get our cars last. :(
Could be worse. Try being on the west coast of USA.

#23 ·
Randy Chase said:
Could be worse. Try being on the west coast of USA.
Those in the west have better roads to drive on than we do in Florida, so I don't feel sorry for them. They should feel sorry for us! ;)

I just sent an email to Dimmitt to see what color the cars are they are waitning on. Figures, I'm out of town this weekend. I'd love to go to Dimmitt and watch those cars get unloaded.

#27 ·
Did you get yours today?

Surferjer said:
I'm not hijacking, but tomorrow I get my Elise (customer car #2???) and I do NOT know how to upload pictures. Tell me how and I'll be happy to oblige.
Did you get your Elise today? I seem to remember you offering free rides... er... I mean free viewing of your Elise when it arrives. I am number 17 at Rothrock and I am anxious to hear how they treated you.

BTW - did they get their demo yet?