LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community - View Single Post - Bad Alternator
Thread: Bad Alternator
View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
TimMullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by glb View Post
Tim - where/how did you get the engine manual for Toyota? Cost?

thanks.

PS: When I rebuilt starters, the local shops always have the parts.
For a while, you could log onto the Toyota web site in Europe and for around $15 - 20 you could download the Celica Manuals similar to how we can do the Lotus Manuals.

Unfortunately, I didn't do that soon enough, so I was not able to get the exact part number manuals that Lotus specifies.

However, Toyota in the US has a similar "subscription" and download process. I signed up for one day of that and downloaded the Celica Manuals. It's a bit more of a hassle than the Lotus manual since each section is a separate PDF file - the diagrams above came from 7 different PDF files that cover "The Charging System" - probably about 10 or 12 pages total. But I have the Manuals for the Engine and Transmission (although the US version of the Transmission - different sixth gear ratio).

Now, you are going to ask for the URL - I don't remember anymore - I downloaded the stuff about two years ago. I think it might be in the sticky thread about downloading the Lotus Manuals.

Tim Mullen --- There is no such thing as Touring suspension or Touring wheels.

I love being married. It's so great to find that one person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life. - Rita Rudner

Chantilly, VA http://members.cox.net/elans4/
05 Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange - No Touring - No LSS - No Hardtop - Lotus Driving Lights - Lotus "Chin Guards" - plain and simple.
94 Miata R Package - Black
72 Lotus Elan Sprint - Colorado Orange/Cirrus White

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome