The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Exige S "Sprint"

6K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  bodyguard 
#1 ·
Everyone (Lotus included) is showing pictures of the new limited edition Sprint in Yellow. I just found this car on a local dealer's site in the alternative colour. I didn't care for the yellow over much, but I think I actually quite like this one!

See less See more
#16 ·
Nope. From the brochure:

"Lotus Cars has taken one of the most recognisable and iconic colour
schemes from the early 1970’s and reintroduced it for the first time with
the limited edition Exige Sprint.
Just 40 right hand drive Lotus Exige Sprints will go on sale in the UK in
the duo-tone paint schemes of Solar Yellow and Persian Blue.
To celebrate the start of Lotus production at Hethel in 1967, the 40 cars
will be built with an individually numbered chassis year build plate
covering 1967 to 2007, all except for 1982, the year of Colin Chapman’s
untimely and tragic death. Each car will also be sold with a Heritage
Pack containing a unique certificate signed by Lotus ‘Chief Executive’
Michael J Kimberley and the ‘Lotus Book’ written by William Taylor
featuring in depth reviews of production at Hethel. The Sprint also
features a unique interior trim with distinctive embroidery and exterior decals.

Even without the unique paint and trim features that the Exige Sprint
benefits from, equipping a standard Lotus Exige S to the same
specification would cost a customer £44,050 (MRSP), so the £42,550
(MRSP) for the Exige Sprint provides superb value for performance.

#12 ·
Sprint...

Blue and White or Yellow and White...

If only thay made Orange and White (hint: look to the left). ;)

#25 ·
Somebody asked recently when Lotus will change the Elise/Exige body style. These paint/interior rework schemes are standard Lotus practice, dating back to Elans, then Europas, Esprits of doing these 'limited' specials for the sole purpose of trying to extend the market life of the base product.

#26 ·
I see the attemp to tie in with the Elan (although I don't get it - I wouldn't say the Exige is the modern iteration of the Elan at all) but the Sprint doesn't cut it from a design perspective. :thwack:

The Elan has a relatively strait flat shape and the Exige has creased, humpy (if that is a word) curvy shape - these strips don't follow the body lines or seem to correlate to the Exiges shape in any way - doesn't compliment it at all. :(

And that crazy embroidery on the seat is also overdone. :no:

I give it a thumbs down.

#33 ·
Saw this car in the flesh when i went to dick lovett ( ferrari/lotus/lamb dealer) and i can honestly say that the quality of the paint job is appaling !!!!!! you can actualy see one colour under the other, NOT NICE !!!!!!:no:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.