Which aftermarket Elise exhaust passes at Laguna Seca? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

Which aftermarket Elise exhaust passes at Laguna Seca?

So I'm itching to get back to Laguna Seca, now that I've got my Elise. The only thing that is keeping me from doing so is the sound restriction.

From what I can tell, pretty much anything other than the stock exhaust will get you black flagged for sound. I currently have a 2bular 6x24, which is fairly loud, though not obnoxiously so. It's a through the diffuser exit with stubby tips that don't actually go past the diffuser. As such, fabbing up a "Laguna Seca pipe" isn't really an option. My car didn't come with the stock exhaust, so swapping it back isn't an option either.

For those of you who have run MRLS with aftermarket exhaust, how did it go?

Appreciate the input.

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 11:33 AM

The only aftermarket Elise/Exige exhaust that I've heard passing Laguna's 90db days is the Larini 8.

Give Jon Vo (TrackSpec) and/or Rob Dietsch (Dietsch Motorsports) a call. Between the two of them they've seen/heard all and can confirm which will pass 90db.

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

Lotus events in California - www.gglotus.org
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 12:21 PM

Would whether or not your intake snorkel is installed could have an effect on this too? Good to know Larini 8" might pass, as that is what I have, though it is fairly old and may be louder than a new one.

'05 Lotus Elise: RS134 Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 12:46 PM

I've run the BOE / BWR "ST-5" exhaust at Laguna twice. Once with a 90dB day and once with a 92 dB day. I have a stock catalytic converter and stock header. I also replaced the included shallow exit bend with a 90 degree mandrel bend to direct the exit towards the rear instead of to the right side of the car (pointing at the sound meter). I haven't done a "sound check" but I also haven't been flagged for sound.

2006 Lotus Elise
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2017, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the input.
I'm taking the car to Trackspec for brakes and alignment before a trackday at Thunderhill, so I'll see what Jon thinks.
I've still got the stock header and cat, so maybe there's a chance. The snorkel is gone, though... If that makes a difference like Vantage proposed.

2005 Elise - Storm Titanium
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Track and Technique

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in