elise at lime rock - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

elise at lime rock

i took my stock 06 elise to lime rock and wonder how others do it. i was driving mod pace and used 4th gear all around except for 5th for a part of main straight. i was too slow at 1.08 times compared to 1.04 in 997 gt3 and 1.00in gtr (all stock).

figure i could have shifted to 3rd in middle of big bend then up to 4th on no name and 3rd for the up hill. that would get rpm's up to get the variocam (or whatever its called) but dont think that would be worth more than 1-2 sec/lap.

i only braked hard for big bend with light brake touch at left turn, up hill, right hander and a lift on the down hill.

any advice for next time? thanks

Last edited by pcargt3; 07-16-2015 at 11:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2015, 11:25 AM

Brgelise has tons of track time at LRP. I'd check with him. Mikelr also has some time at that track, but his car is not like yours. Still might have some good advice for you.

Chris

05 Arctic Silver UK:
12 Wrangler JKU
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 06:18 PM

I'm at Lime Rock quite a bit. I usually run 1.04-1.05's with a pretty much stock Exige and R888's. 1.08's aren't too bad in my opinion. I go down to third for big bend, keep it there till no name where I go to fourth, and then fifth on Posey straight. Your braking sounds about right. Was it your first time there?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

first time with elise but lots of exp at lrp with other cars
will try 3rd gear and lighter braking
feel car should be capable of 1.05 but im used to gtr so need to get in sync with low hp car
is your exige supercharged?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2015, 09:29 PM

Yes it's a 2007 so it is supercharged. I haven't improved much on my times in the last year or so. I really want to upgrade the track pack shocks to something better. I'm sure that will help lower lap times! After watching a lot of my video footage, my best lap times seem to occur when I really do the left hander properly. Seems to set up the rest of the lap just right!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 04:53 AM Thread Starter

Left hander is key to get momentum for no name straight. I have to line it up much better too. Need to stay all the way left after apex to have full width track avail to enter no name. Wonder if its possible to make that turn under power without lifting? Could add 10 mph more at up hill braking zone
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 06:02 AM

Yeah, without a doubt. One of the instructors I had at Skip Barber school was trying to show us a different line than the conventional one for the left hander. If you look really close there is a paving seam that you try to follow. According to him you try to carry more speed in, follow the seam and then lift to rotate the car and it is supposed to line you up better for no name. I still haven't mastered it but when it's done just right you can tell of course. Definitely good for at least 5 mph to carry to the uphill. Of course keeping the speed through the uphill is a whole other story. That wall is awfully close��
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

up hill is most dangerous lrp turn. I would have to brake harder for it if I could get more speed down no name with a better left hander
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2015, 03:50 PM

Garage
I have the most days at lime rock out of any other track I've been to.

I tend to use third and fourth a lot, 5th only on the front straight.

I'm lower intermediate and not very fast though

Lotus Elise '05 Graphite Grey; Miles: 41,xxx
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 05:35 PM

Ian Prout ran 62's at LRP in 2005 with a bone stock Lotus Elise with sport pack. FYI. I've done many 63's with my NA car but very well sorted suspension and Hoosiers. If you do it right in 3rd you'll be cresting the uphill on cam at ~??7800 rpms (been 4 years since Elise days). Downhill requires total commitment and car will be crabbing!I know 1 guy that has made it to sub 1 minute zone in a heavily modded Exige Sc and Yoko A005 slicks. Not an easy feat and I certainly won't go to that level of commit!!
They don't call it the bullring for nothing. Any car getting into the 62 or less zone is hauling and no, HP alone can't give you lap times at LRP. ALL the corners require total commitment. I love that track because it forces you to NEVER lose focus!!

Street rubber and 68's is solid. 65's on R888's or A048's is solid. 63's on Hoosiers is solid. 62's or less on race rubber is intense. Doing it repeatedly---> priceless.

16 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Ext Campio /Grigio Chronos w/full MC Carbon Fiber interior trim, Stock for now
18 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Visconti Verde/Brown Leather Remus Catback,Eurocompulsion Phase 2 V2 intake, 390HP/443ft-lb Tq!
16 Range Rover Sport HSE, Montalcino Red w/Ivory Leather-[/COLOR]- 456HP/412ft-lb Tq
12 Maxda MX-5 Miata GT PRHT True Red/Black leather
11 Lotus Evora "S" Persian Blue, Grey/Black Suedetex/Leather

Last edited by brgelise; 06-21-2016 at 02:38 AM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2016, 05:17 PM
boxerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brgelise View Post
Ian Prout ran 62's at LRP in 2005 with a bone stock Lotus Elise with sport pack. FYI. I've done many 63's with my NA car but very well sorted suspension and Hoosiers. If you do it right in 3rd you'll be cresting the uphill on cam at ~??7800 rpms (been 4 years since Elise days). Downhill requires total commitment and car will be crabbing!I know 1 guy that has made it to sub 1 minute zone in a heavily modded Exige Sc and Yoko A005 slicks. Not an easy feat and I certainly won't go to that level of commit!!
They don't call it the bullring for nothing. Any car getting into the 62 or less zone is hauling and no, HP alone can't give you lap times at LRP. ALL the corners require total commitment. I love that track because it forces you to NEVER lose focus!!

Street rubber and 68's is solid. 65's on R888's or A048's is solid. 63's on Hoosiers is solid. 62's or less on race rubber is intense. Doing it repeatedly---> priceless.
Yep I remember your car well, and 63 secs became my goal, ie I wouldnt move on car wise till I could hit that time. Some years of practice, ohlin shocks and slicks did the trick.

What times does the evora run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Track and Technique

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in