SoCal.. Chuckwalla 11/22.. anyone interested? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2015, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
SoCal.. Chuckwalla 11/22.. anyone interested?

Me and a few guys are heading to CW in a few weeks. There is still room at Speedventures. If it doesn't rain, we should have real good temps and laptimes.

Ken
06 Exige (now rev300 powered!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 03:12 PM

I just registered. First track day. No idea what in the flying frick I'm doing.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 04:05 PM
Inactive

I'm going, but not taking the Lotus. It only rains about 2 days per year, so we should be clear.

2005 Elise with Honda engine

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 12:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickRadford View Post
I just registered. First track day. No idea what in the flying frick I'm doing.
My Co-worker just bought a new Evo X and this is his first time too. He just told me he is scared but excited. So you guys will be in the same run group. Once you've gone once, you'll just have jitters and be even more excited.

Just make sure you get there before 7:30 for the drivers meeting and if your taking your lotus (assuming its an Elise or Exige), make sure your oil is topped off (not over filled) and keep your gas level above 1/2 tank at all times.

Also, check your toe links for torque and make sure they don't have excessive play. Changing the fluid in your brakes is a good also.

If anyone wants to meet up before, we are meeting at my buddies house near Chino Hills around 5am. Chuckwalla is about 2 1/2 hours from there.

We will have a bunch of chairs and canopies to hang out in, plus most tools.. Looks like the weather may be co-operating with us.. Fingers crossed.

Ken
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 06:32 PM

Hey thanks! Lots of good info.

Actually got a call from speedventures today saying that there were only two people in the beginner group and that they were thinking about moving all beginners to Sunday. After chatting a bit about prior experience, (no track time but I used to race motocross and have done a fair amount of karting) we decided to bump up to the purple group. Gahhhh.

I'm planning on hitting the road at 4:30ish to be super sure I get there with plenty of time to spare - otherwise I'd be down to meet up with y'all, I'm in corona so chino hills is super close. I'll try to meet up with you guys there - what car(s) should I look for? See ya Saturday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipendicular View Post
My Co-worker just bought a new Evo X and this is his first time too. He just told me he is scared but excited. So you guys will be in the same run group. Once you've gone once, you'll just have jitters and be even more excited.

Just make sure you get there before 7:30 for the drivers meeting and if your taking your lotus (assuming its an Elise or Exige), make sure your oil is topped off (not over filled) and keep your gas level above 1/2 tank at all times.

Also, check your toe links for torque and make sure they don't have excessive play. Changing the fluid in your brakes is a good also.

If anyone wants to meet up before, we are meeting at my buddies house near Chino Hills around 5am. Chuckwalla is about 2 1/2 hours from there.

We will have a bunch of chairs and canopies to hang out in, plus most tools.. Looks like the weather may be co-operating with us.. Fingers crossed.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2015, 07:26 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I saw that you had registered for Saturday's event, we are going on sunday!

Wow, so no beginners on saturday? I am in the purple group for sunday as I'm there just for a good lap time.

Good luck and we may go again in March...

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Motorsports > Track and Technique

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in