Accusump problems for 2011 S260 Sport - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By GAMS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Accusump problems for 2011 S260 Sport

So I'm going to change the oil and fluids for the car and the accusump when I turn the key the pressure does not drop its' been sitting at 60ish since I received the car. When I start the ignition the pressure rises to 90PSI and then when I turn off the ignition it does not go down. Not sure how to get this down and what to do so I can purge the oil form the accusump to change the sump filter and the rest of the oil again? Sorry if i'm being vague or less than descriptive I have not owned an accusump before. If there are any question I can answer to help solve this I'm more than willing. Any help is appreciated Thanks

'11 Exige S260 Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 05:04 PM

Garage
Not sure if its current to 2011 model but this is from the 2004 model year onward service notes
it may help you.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Accusump 2007.pdf (125.8 KB, 52 views)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Yep I have that, the full lotus sport accusump guide, and a few docs from canton also. Cant figure it out by myself but then I'm not well versed in it. I appreciate the help tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XM595 View Post
Not sure if its current to 2011 model but this is from the 2004 model year onward service notes
it may help you.

'11 Exige S260 Sport

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Sig

Garage
There is a known problem of the electromagnetic valves not working/sticking/rusting... There is an updated design available for upgrade.

There are 3 different pressure settings available...I'm not sure which one is best though... I think the original OEM was set at 35psi, but I'm not sure...

Accusump - ACCUSUMP PRO EPC VALVE 35-40 PSI

Whoever said that island life is great was never committed to Alcatraz...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:41 AM

The real problem with the Accusump control system is the pressure sensor. It tends to overheat and fail, so the valve stays closed. There are several threads on LT documenting repeated failures of this sensor. Support from Canton has been nonexistent as far as I can tell.

You can check your sensor by applying 12V to the electric valve. If it dumps the oil, the valve is okay. Then check the wiring. If the circuits are good, the sensor is the problem.

I addressed this issue by removing the pressure sensor. I wired a cockpit-mounted toggle switch to control the electric valve. This allows the unit to operate as a full-time hydraulic accumulator rather than just an emergency oil supply. I turn the valve on when I start a track session, and turn it off during pit in. This is basically how the system works when installed with the cable-operated mechanical valve. I have to remember to turn it on and off, but I think that's a good tradeoff for greatly improved reliability.

In theory, there is no difference between Theory and Practice. In practice, there is. - Y. Berra
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 06:47 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for these, this gives me a list to start checkboxing off to figuring out the problem. Ill check the valve tonight, I had checked the visible wiring and everything looked fine there.

'11 Exige S260 Sport
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

So we put 12V to it dumped the oil fine, traced all the wires back and ended up being a ground issue. Works perfectly fine now. Thanks everyone for the help I am definitely much more knowledgeable about the sump, wiring, and fuses now if anything else arises tho.
RBH likes this.

'11 Exige S260 Sport
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in