The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

After supercharger install car will not start

808 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Max_n_jaxx 
#1 ·
So I brought my 05 Elise in to install an m62 supercharger. It ran flawlessly prior to bringing it in. Now the car just pops and backfires as long as ignition is held and won't start according to mechanic who I am flatbedding it out from on Monday as he is useless in assisting further in this matter. Parts installed were the sc a BOE tq 250 tune and larger injectors and the peripheral stuff spark plugs belt etc. mechanic thinks ecu issue boe says not a chance and a bmw mechanic thinks it could be an anti theft issue with tuning the ecu although I have later heard here that the alarm and ecu have no correlation and another buddy thinks vacuum issue. I have yet to physically get my hands on it but I don't know what to think or where to start when I do. My instincts say it's not getting any spark as popping (which I have to hear for myself) indicates that it is getting fuel. It's possibly a vacuum issue. Also sensors all need to be checked but I didn't take it apart or put it back together so I have no idea what was touched or moved in the process. Any help in this matter would be greatly greatly appreciate. Thanks in advance,
Max

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.