The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

A better BOE Swirl Pot install method

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mwehnes 
#1 ·
Just installed a BOE Swirl Pot and found a better (in my opinion) method to connect the lower radiator hose than what is recommended in the install manual.

The first picture is BOE's install method. It requires capping the 3/8" line coming up from the T union. I'm generally not a fan of having capped lines when I can remove them altogether and alleviate a failure point.

The second picture is my solution. Simply remove the OEM 1.25" coolant hose completely and flip it up size down. Cut the hose behind the T union and throw away. You'll then have to trim the remaining bottom end of the hose to fit and cut the top at the 90 degree bend. After that it fits perfect and completely removes that unused 3/8" port. :clap:

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Lotusxs and Falsey
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.