The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Can you tell if my toe link nuts have been upgraded?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  fastvance 
#1 ·
I am a relatively new Elise owner (purchased mine in July 2018), and while I had the car lifted, I checked the rear toe link nuts (as is highly recommended on these forums). My wrench clicked with no movement, when set to 44 ft-lb, so mine are good to go for now. I am wondering if someone on here can look at these pictures and tell if my toe link nuts have been upgraded already? Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
In terms of whether they toe link bolts have been changed to a stronger bolt, hard to say without checking the markings on the head of the bolt on the other side.

In terms of whether your toe link system has been upgraded to double shear, as you often see with aftermarket solutions for this issue, no your car has not.

#3 ·
That is the BOE solution and those are NAS 7/16 hardware. It is plenty strong and is on my TT2 race car with 275mm A7s and the biggest wing you can fit. The rod ends themselves can develop play, but if you are asking this its not a big deal to you.

#6 ·
Also note that whether you have upgrades or not, keeping them torqued is the absolute highest priority. I am convinced the stock ones are fine when kept torqued, and even the aftermarket ones can walk out (mine did). The best design in the world is useless if the bolts are loose!

#8 ·
well you didn't ask me, but if you continue to buy them from lotus, they now come with a boot (whereas the 05-07's didn't originally come booted)

#9 ·
Ha! as often as I poke my nose into conversations, you're not going to get a complaint from me if you do. Besides, your input is generally thoughtful and helpful and I didn't know that the new inboard joints came with boots on them.

I've got a fine, vintage S111 RTV brace on there, so all I need is some boots for the inboard Heim joints.

#12 ·
Here is an explanation on the differences between single and double sheer, Check this :grin2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.