Elige hand brake delete thoughts - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By AustinP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Addict

Garage
Elige hand brake delete thoughts

I have installed two pot calipers in on the rear of my car. Finally went out to bed brakes and grt a feel for the new setup. I had kept the stock rear caliper for a hand brake. It seems I didnít adjust that well and one side was dragging a lot when when the brakes built some heat. I am not sure if I just go the route of a caliper designed to only be a hand brake, try to get the adjustment just righht or just scrap the ebrake. The car is mostly track use and I now have full floating rotors, not sure if that further complicates getting the adjustment right. Looking for thoughts from those that have done one of these methods and their thoughts. I am leaning towards removing the hand brake completely but not sure if that is a pain to live without.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 02:43 PM

I went with handbrake calipers from Elise-Parts, I could get them with mounts that fit their GT Ultimate rear uprights (the mounts are sized per the brake disc diameter). I think the same calipers and mounts would work with the stock uprights, but Iím not certain.

My Exige is mostly track-only as well, but I still find certain times when the handbrake is pretty convenient, like when Iím loading the car onto the trailer without a spotter and I need to jump in and out of the car to check if Iím lined up right. Could I live without a handbrake? Sure, but Iíd miss it.

HTH, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LostPawn likes this.

-Ed
'08 Arctic Silver Exige S240
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in