The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elige hand brake delete thoughts

828 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AustinP 
#1 ·
I have installed two pot calipers in on the rear of my car. Finally went out to bed brakes and grt a feel for the new setup. I had kept the stock rear caliper for a hand brake. It seems I didn’t adjust that well and one side was dragging a lot when when the brakes built some heat. I am not sure if I just go the route of a caliper designed to only be a hand brake, try to get the adjustment just righht or just scrap the ebrake. The car is mostly track use and I now have full floating rotors, not sure if that further complicates getting the adjustment right. Looking for thoughts from those that have done one of these methods and their thoughts. I am leaning towards removing the hand brake completely but not sure if that is a pain to live without.

#2 ·
I went with handbrake calipers from Elise-Parts, I could get them with mounts that fit their GT Ultimate rear uprights (the mounts are sized per the brake disc diameter). I think the same calipers and mounts would work with the stock uprights, but I’m not certain.

My Exige is mostly track-only as well, but I still find certain times when the handbrake is pretty convenient, like when I’m loading the car onto the trailer without a spotter and I need to jump in and out of the car to check if I’m lined up right. Could I live without a handbrake? Sure, but I’d miss it.

HTH, -Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.