The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elige latest spring surprise, headliner turned to goo?

654 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  dma550 
#1 ·
Hey all

I let my exige sit for the winter and just washed and sorted it today. I have a soft top mod on my exige and had the top off for the winter. I opened my soft top which was in my trunk and found an odd weird orange decomposition, as if the headliner itself turned to a sticky orange goo. There was orange all over the top and the headliner appears ruined, like the insides turned to mush. The gray alcantara ish part was fine, but everything else was smelly and gooey. Anyone ever have this? I have had this car since 2012. I had an elise before that from 2008-2010 and never had an issue like this. I removed the headliner (rip!) and washed the underside of the soft top, it seems fine.

Now I have to deal with a dead mouse smell in my trunk too, little feller checked in but never checked out. Fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.