Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU. - Page 2 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered User
 
ChrisB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 3,970
Dro, It worked fine for me. Do you have a spam filter that might have trapped the password reply?
ChrisB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 01:58 PM
Dro
Registered User
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 838
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB
Dro, It worked fine for me. Do you have a spam filter that might have trapped the password reply?
I checked that. It's turned off.
Dro is offline  
post #23 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-20-2005, 04:32 PM
Registered User
 
ChrisH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro
I checked that. It's turned off.
They couldn't tell you the password over the phone?
ChrisH is offline  
 
post #24 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 05:05 PM
Registered User
 
Ground Loop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,195
The TOYOTA manuals

Has anyone had any luck getting the Toyota manuals from:
http://techinfo.toyota.com/

I paid my $10.00 for a one-day subscription there, and I'm at a loss to find the three that I want:

From the Lotus manuals, they quote:
Quote:
Toyota Engine Repair Manual B120T0327J $85.27
Toyota Engine Supplement C120T0327J $42.82
Toyota Transmission Manual D120T0327J $25.62
And early posts have crossed them with these Toyota part numbers:
Quote:
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Engine Manual 1 B120T0327J RM733E
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Engine Supplement C120T0327J RM929E
Elise/Exige 6 Speed Transmission D120T0327J RM930E
But here's the thing -- the Toyota page is organized by Make/Model/Year, not part number. So I found the 2ZZ-GE engine chapters under Matrix and Celica, and while the manual is probably close, they are different part numbers. (RM1108U).

I've tried every model year and combination I could think of, but no exact matches for any of those three manuals appear. It might not matter, but it seems like they should be in here somewhere.

Also, is our transaxle a Toyota C60 with different ratios, or something different altogether?
Ground Loop is offline  
post #25 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 05:14 PM
Registered User
 
Vantage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,158
Here's a wild guess Steve, but is it possible to try the European site for the Celica T-sport? I believe we have the Euro set of ratios, so maybe the manuals are from that car.

- J

'05 Lotus Elise: RS134 Monolites, Nitron Singles, Monoballs, V2 arms, RTD2 brace, Innovative motor mounts, V2 tank, GPan, Larini 8", TransCables, LumosHID, GiroDisc, Ferodo DS2500, etc.
'16 Porsche Cayman GT4
Vantage is offline  
post #26 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Registered User
 
aletes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Loop
Also, is our transaxle a Toyota C60 with different ratios, or something different altogether?
Our Elise uses the European version of the C60 (with stock ratios).

“The Edge…there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.”
aletes is offline  
post #27 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 08:26 AM
Registered User
 
ChrisB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 3,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Loop
Has anyone had any luck getting the Toyota manuals from:
http://techinfo.toyota.com/

I paid my $10.00 for a one-day subscription there, and I'm at a loss to find the three that I want:

From the Lotus manuals, they quote:

And early posts have crossed them with these Toyota part numbers:


But here's the thing -- the Toyota page is organized by Make/Model/Year, not part number. So I found the 2ZZ-GE engine chapters under Matrix and Celica, and while the manual is probably close, they are different part numbers. (RM1108U).

I've tried every model year and combination I could think of, but no exact matches for any of those three manuals appear. It might not matter, but it seems like they should be in here somewhere.

Also, is our transaxle a Toyota C60 with different ratios, or something different altogether?
The transmission is the C64, which I believe is the same as the C60 used in the US except for closer ratio gears. It's used in the Celica T-Sport, though I understand they used the lowest (highest numerical) final drive ratio in Toyota's parts bin. Not sure whether that is also used in the T-Sport, or whether it was strictly from the parts bin.
ChrisB is offline  
post #28 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Registered User
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 2,464
I found the RM733E & the RM929E part numbers in the european site:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/fin...p?&d=1&lang=En

one day access seems to be 10 euros for Toyota, 8 euros for Lexus, 16 for both.

RM733E is under the Celica documents in english
RM929E is under the Corolla engine documents in english, anyone care to explain this???

Couldn't find the transmission one and the supplement might not be the right publication.

I'm going to snoop around more before subscribing to get all my ducks in a row.

05 Elise Racing Green/Red, Touring, Hardtop, StarShield
Miguel is offline  
post #29 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Registered User
 
ekological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground Loop
It's about 36MB for everything. Some of the PDFs are paper-scans, not regenerated from document source, while others are all-digital.
Hmmm...I downloaded only about 12MB of PDFs for the Elise for a total of 29 files. Am I missing something? The Esprit is 42MB with 49 files.
ekological is offline  
post #30 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 11:43 AM
Registered User
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekological
Hmmm...I downloaded only about 12MB of PDFs for the Elise for a total of 29 files. Am I missing something? The Esprit is 42MB with 49 files.
If you download them manually I also get 41.8 MB in 49 files for the Esprit and
29 files for the Elise totaling 11.9 MB

But there are a lot of duplicate files if downloaded that way, if you use wget like Ground Loop suggested you get 35.4 MB with a total of 67 pdf files for both the elise and the esprit.

05 Elise Racing Green/Red, Touring, Hardtop, StarShield
Miguel is offline  
post #31 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-25-2005, 11:45 AM
Registered User
 
ekological's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 1,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
If you download them manually I also get 41.8 MB in 49 files for the Esprit and
29 files for the Elise totaling 11.9 MB

But there are a lot of duplicate files if downloaded that way, if you use wget like Ground Loop suggested you get 35.4 MB with a total of 67 pdf files for both the elise and the esprit.
Ah....I get it. Thanks for the insight I noticed the duplicates, but wasn't sure what GroundLoop was referring to...just the Elise docs or both the Elise and Esprit.
ekological is offline  
post #32 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Registered User
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
I found the RM733E & the RM929E part numbers in the european site:

http://techdoc.toyota-europe.com/fin...p?&d=1&lang=En

one day access seems to be 10 euros for Toyota, 8 euros for Lexus, 16 for both.

RM733E is under the Celica documents in english
RM929E is under the Corolla engine documents in english, anyone care to explain this???

Couldn't find the transmission one and the supplement might not be the right publication.

I'm going to snoop around more before subscribing to get all my ducks in a row.
Didn't have time to check for the transmission manual and didn't download the files yet.

Has anyone done that? and ...

Is the RM929E really the supplement? I ask since it's under the Corolla engine documents.

05 Elise Racing Green/Red, Touring, Hardtop, StarShield
Miguel is offline  
post #33 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:39 PM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 245
Can anyone help me with where to find the files to download. I paid the 24 hour fee, got the user and pw and can login, but I don't see any files at all. They talk about them, but there is no link that I can find under any of their tabs.
Thanks. I have tried with both Firefox and IE(sometimes firefox does not display all of the "buttons"
martinm1 is offline  
post #34 of 378 (permalink) Old 05-27-2005, 01:49 PM
Registered User
 
Miguel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 2,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm1
Can anyone help me with where to find the files to download. I paid the 24 hour fee, got the user and pw and can login, but I don't see any files at all. They talk about them, but there is no link that I can find under any of their tabs.
Thanks. I have tried with both Firefox and IE(sometimes firefox does not display all of the "buttons"
It's been a while since I went there but it was under there somewhere, you have to get to a page that says:

Welcome to the Lotus Cars TechInfo Emissions website.

Lotus Elise, North America

Lotus Esprit, 4 cylinder and V8, North America

The 1st link is where the Elise documents are at. You can find wget from the web and use the command that ground loop posted to get the whole thing, I don't know where to get wget.exe from but google will find it.

Note that on the command you have to replace the ip (xx.yy.zz.aa) and the username (your_user) and the password (your_password)

I'll be around the office for another 15 minutes or so, let me know if you need any help.

Edit: once you get to that page if you prefer to download on a per document bases go inside and right click and use the save as on the pdf files (note some are html links that lead to more pdf docs), but I'll recomend you use Ground Loop's method, much easier to do that way.

05 Elise Racing Green/Red, Touring, Hardtop, StarShield

Last edited by Miguel; 05-27-2005 at 01:52 PM.
Miguel is offline  
post #35 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-05-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered User
 
cixelsyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 268
best ... thread ... yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmuseum
The Service Manual for the Federal Elise is available on the Lotus Cars USA website. You must pay a membership fee of $25 for one day, $300 for a month, or a huge amount for a year to gain access to the site. Once on the site you can download individual chapters from the Service Manual.
Michael


Michael, you get my vote for -



best ... thread ... yet!!

-=cixelsyd

Night life guide and other things to do in New York City!

Limited Slip Mafia member since Dec 2005; COM member since Oct 20th, 2004.

2005 Southern New York SCCA SS Championship: second place.

"The passenger seat is smaller than the driver's seat, and it is bolted in place. It is there where you tell someone, 'There is your spot; keep your elbows out of the way and hold on.'" ---Lotus Cars USA spokesman Colin Price
cixelsyd is offline  
post #36 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-07-2005, 02:09 PM
Dro
Registered User
 
Dro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Centreville, VA
Posts: 838
I tried again and was able to get a password this time and download the manuals. Awesome!
Dro is offline  
post #37 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Registered User
 
doma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Belmont, CA
Posts: 2,343
That was $25 well spent. The quality of the manuals looks top notch. Praise be to Lotus for such a service!

Incase anyone is wondering here's the current bulletin list as of 6/14...

Technical Service Bulletins - Elise
2004/11 Throttle
2004/18 Lift Tube
2004/21 Cooler Union
2004/27 Visor Seal
2005/01 AC Probe
2005/03 Scan 3
2005/04 Lightweight
2005/05 Oil Cooler

Recals
-none

I already see info which should help me with my AC and idling problems.
-doma

Braille Battery - Micromirror - Alpine Head Unit & Speakers - HID Headlights - H&T Pad - Snorkel Delete - Non Dust Brake Pads - JL Stealthbox - JL Amps - Sirius Sat - Rudolph Antlers and Nose Kit
Astronomy Picture of the Day
doma is offline  
post #38 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:08 PM
Registered User
 
ChrisH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by doma
That was $25 well spent. The quality of the manuals looks top notch. Praise be to Lotus for such a service!

Incase anyone is wondering here's the current bulletin list as of 6/14...

Technical Service Bulletins - Elise
2004/11 Throttle
2004/18 Lift Tube
2004/21 Cooler Union
2004/27 Visor Seal
2005/01 AC Probe
2005/03 Scan 3
2005/04 Lightweight
2005/05 Oil Cooler

Recals
-none

I already see info which should help me with my AC and idling problems.
-doma
Gee, when I downloaded only three of the bulletins were there.
2004/18 Lift Tube
2004/21 Cooler Union
2004/27 Visor Seal
Do I have to pay $25 again to get the others?
ChrisH is offline  
post #39 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Registered User
 
karajabola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH
Gee, when I downloaded only three of the bulletins were there.
2004/18 Lift Tube
2004/21 Cooler Union
2004/27 Visor Seal
Do I have to pay $25 again to get the others?
you could probably convince your dealer to provide copies for you.
karajabola is offline  
post #40 of 378 (permalink) Old 06-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Registered User
 
Ground Loop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 2,195
Do the Service Bulletins fall under the same copyright as the technical manuals? For some other manufacturers (Suzuki?) they are more openly published.

I'd be happy to host them until told otherwise.

I'm not paying $25 to check in for new bulletins..
Ground Loop is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome