The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU.

137K views 391 replies 175 participants last post by  DWilde 
#1 ·
The Service Manual for the Federal Elise is available on the Lotus Cars USA website. You must pay a membership fee of $25 for one day, $300 for a month, or a huge amount for a year to gain access to the site. Once on the site you can download individual chapters from the Service Manual.

I purchased a one day access for $25 and proceeded to download all the sections that were available. I have not checked to see if they are as complete or are the same as the paper manual I purchased several months ago. First glance suggests all the chapters are there.

The Toyota manuals are separate and can be purchased at your local Lotus dealership. The site does include a listing of what these manuals include and the price.

Terms of Agreement prevent the uploading of the material and only license you to have one copy. Please do not ask me for a copy of my material. $25 is inexpensive.

Michael

edit to add-
I've had consistent trouble with the plain www.lotustechinfo.com link.

This one http://www.lotustechinfo.com/subscriber_new_terms.asp however has always worked for me.

YMMV.

#102 ·
Genjuro said:
It wasn't working if you don't create an account and then log in to that account. If you go right to paying for it.. it still doesn't work.

You have PM.
Nope. Still not working:wallbang:

#104 ·
The problem occurs when I enter my email to retrieve password. No password is mailed. The system is bugged... From Lotus:

On 11/30/05 12:11 PM, "Warranty" <warranty@lotuscars.com> wrote:
Mr. Sereboff:

Apparently there are problems with the website; we apologize for the inconvenience. Your money has now been refunded.

Regards,

Brenda

#105 ·
Ok, I have found out more to this:

What you have to do is: UPDATED.. I found out more info..

1. click on signup
2. click on 1 day, then enter your name and e-mail
3. hit continue
4. cancel at the paypal screen and go back to the Lotus site
5. Click on Login
6. In Lost Password field just enter your e-mail address and click: Get Password
7. Wait for e-mail
8. go back to site once it arrives and login using that info
9. select your product and click order
10. pay via paypal
11. go back to the site and you will see under payment history your subscription
12. click on the link that says: 1 day [24 hour] subscription under your subscriptions
13. When it asks for username and PW, use the same from step 4.
14. Enjoy!

You guys are most welcome!

#106 ·
Serebo1 said:
The problem occurs when I enter my email to retrieve password. No password is mailed. The system is bugged... From Lotus:

On 11/30/05 12:11 PM, "Warranty" <warranty@lotuscars.com> wrote:
Mr. Sereboff:

Apparently there are problems with the website; we apologize for the inconvenience. Your money has now been refunded.

Regards,

Brenda
Please try those steps and let me know if it worked. I followed the first 7 and I was able to get a new account setup.

#107 ·
Genjuro said:
Ok, I have found out more to this:

What you have to do is: UPDATED.. I found out more info..

1. click on signup
2. click on 1 day, then enter your name and e-mail
3. hit continue
4. cancel at the paypal screen and go back to the Lotus site
5. Click on Login
6. In Lost Password field just enter your e-mail address and click: Get Password
7. Wait for e-mail
8. go back to site once it arrives and login using that info
9. select your product and click order
10. pay via paypal
11. go back to the site and you will see under payment history your subscription
12. click on the link that says: 1 day [24 hour] subscription under your subscriptions
13. When it asks for username and PW, use the same from step 4.
14. Enjoy!

You guys are most welcome!
That looks like it was designed to prevent one from getting the manuals. :huh:

#109 · (Edited)
technical service bulletins as of 12/2005

I got a nice note from a fellow EliseTalk'er.

The following Technical Service Bulletins are available as of December 2005:

Technical Service Bulletins - Elise

2004/11 Throttle setting procedure for Elise 111R/'04 Exige
To specify throttle body stop screw adjustment for correct idle control.

2004/18 Lift Tube
Rectification of sticking gear lever lift tube. (On some cars, out of tolerance components may result in the lift tube sticking in the raised position and in possible baulking on hurried 3rd to 2nd downchanges if the lever is pushed too far to the left.) (Lift tube is otherwise known as the reverse lock out ring.)

2004/21 Cooler Union
Hose connection checks on North American Elise with front mounted oil coolers.

2004/27 Visor Seal
Rectification of water ingress via sunvisor brackets.

2005/01 AC Probe
Optimum position of a.c. temperature probe.

2005/03 Scan 3 (software installation notes)
A compact disc (CD) containing the latest Lotus Scn 3 programming software is being issued to all USA dealers.

2005/04 Lightweight
New features of 'Performance Pack' and 'Lightweight' options. (This includes no air conditioning, steel seat belt mounting frame and roll hoop, and chassis rear brace kit.)

2005/05 Oil Cooler fitment change (how to add the second oil cooler for those built after February)

2005/10 Security of Insulated Top Lining
An insulated lining for the soft top roof was introduced as an option. If the lining should become detached from the cant rails, it should be re-fixed using mechanical clamping for improved security.

2005/11 Toe-Link Locknut Check
Toe-link locknut check. (Michael: I will post a summary of this on my website in the maintenance section.)

2005/14 Introduction of New Transmission Options for USA Elise:
1. Lotus electronic traction control
2. Limited slip differential in conjunctino with Lotus traction control

Any misspellings are my own, as we always used to say...

Michael

#110 ·
Like a dummy, I tried to get the 24 hour access without reading this thread first. So I paid the $25 on PayPal and didn't get an email with password info, just as others have described. [And no, I don't have a spam blocker enabled.] I emailed warranty@lotustechsupport.com and, guess what? -- it bounced.

So, who do I contact to get access to the site? Or, should I just try to get a refund from PayPal?

-Russ

#111 ·
Russ_S said:
Like a dummy, I tried to get the 24 hour access without reading this thread first. So I paid the $25 on PayPal and didn't get an email with password info, just as others have described. [And no, I don't have a spam blocker enabled.] I emailed warranty@lotustechsupport.com and, guess what? -- it bounced.

So, who do I contact to get access to the site? Or, should I just try to get a refund from PayPal?

-Russ
I also emailed "warranty@lotuscars.com" and did get a reponse. (Note the different domain name from the one you used.)

#112 ·
Thanks! Clearly they don't spend much effort maintaining the site -- it would be nice if their Contact Us page actually gave a phone number or working email address. At any rate, this one didn't bounce. I wonder if I'll get a response.

-Russ

#113 ·
I have followed the instructions above on at least four occasions now and the email never comes even when I use the "forgot password" method. I hope my new Elise (when it comes) works better than the website! :thwack:

#114 ·
It doesn't seem like its been working for a while now, mind you it never really did work that well in the first place.

I did ask andy a few times why they didn't just put on an 'out of service' note, but he never really answered it, in the beginning the site existed for the elise, listed all the stuff and most of it wasn't there (especially the reflashing stuff) i had to badger them for a month or so before it went up there.

I'd imagine its for EPA compliance, then they can say look its there, its just we're having temporary server difficulties and no doubt you can still get the info via the dealer network.

cheers

#116 ·
I got this email reply from MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com when I tried the same thing:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<warranty@lotustechsupport.com>:
70.147.230.180 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for warranty@lotustechsupport.com Giving up on 70.147.230.180.

---

Frustrating after paying money to get the manual ...

#118 ·
Genjuro said:
Did step 1-6 work ok? Then it breaks down for you on #7?
That's pretty much my experience...

#120 ·
Chococar said:
I got this email reply from MAILER-DAEMON@yahoo.com when I tried the same thing:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<warranty@lotustechsupport.com>:
70.147.230.180 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for warranty@lotustechsupport.com Giving up on 70.147.230.180.

---

Frustrating after paying money to get the manual ...
warranty@lotustechsupport.com is a nonworking email address. I tried warranty@lotuscars.com and it worked, and I got a reply (and a refund).

#121 ·
Waaaaaaaaaaah

Waiting for months for lotus to get the web site back up and running is frustrating.

I was wondering If I promise to pay for the one day access once the site is back up, would someone be willing to send me the pdf's now?

I know that being virtually unkown here my promise isn't worth much, but I have to ask.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.