Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU. - Page 6 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Registered User
 
ChrisH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 2,771
I had an account, and even used it successfully before. Lotus admitted it was broken last month.

Thanks for the PM.
ChrisH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 02:19 AM
Registered User
 
Serebo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjuro
It wasn't working if you don't create an account and then log in to that account. If you go right to paying for it.. it still doesn't work.

You have PM.
Nope. Still not working

Matte Black, Sport, Touring, ***** intake (TBA), RAC Mono wheels, Painted Shift knob, smoked turn signals, Alpine SPS 6.5" rear speakers, MB Quarts, JVC Nav, Starshield, LBH exhaust, Dpic perf. gauge, Custom true HID projectors, GUT wing and splitter, Mesh side pods, Sector111 harness bar and 4-point harness, Lotus Sport Ohlins double-adjustable suspension, swaybar, '06 LED tailights, Toda flywheel, Lotusport interior.
Serebo1 is offline  
post #103 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 05:45 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebo1
Nope. Still not working
At what point did the process break down? I'll try to help you if I can.
Genjuro is offline  
 
post #104 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 10:20 AM
Registered User
 
Serebo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,002
The problem occurs when I enter my email to retrieve password. No password is mailed. The system is bugged... From Lotus:


On 11/30/05 12:11 PM, "Warranty" <[email protected]> wrote:
Mr. Sereboff:

Apparently there are problems with the website; we apologize for the inconvenience. Your money has now been refunded.


Regards,

Brenda

Matte Black, Sport, Touring, ***** intake (TBA), RAC Mono wheels, Painted Shift knob, smoked turn signals, Alpine SPS 6.5" rear speakers, MB Quarts, JVC Nav, Starshield, LBH exhaust, Dpic perf. gauge, Custom true HID projectors, GUT wing and splitter, Mesh side pods, Sector111 harness bar and 4-point harness, Lotus Sport Ohlins double-adjustable suspension, swaybar, '06 LED tailights, Toda flywheel, Lotusport interior.
Serebo1 is offline  
post #105 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 11:51 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,352
Ok, I have found out more to this:

What you have to do is: UPDATED.. I found out more info..

1. click on signup
2. click on 1 day, then enter your name and e-mail
3. hit continue
4. cancel at the paypal screen and go back to the Lotus site
5. Click on Login
6. In Lost Password field just enter your e-mail address and click: Get Password
7. Wait for e-mail
8. go back to site once it arrives and login using that info
9. select your product and click order
10. pay via paypal
11. go back to the site and you will see under payment history your subscription
12. click on the link that says: 1 day [24 hour] subscription under your subscriptions
13. When it asks for username and PW, use the same from step 4.
14. Enjoy!

You guys are most welcome!
Genjuro is offline  
post #106 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 11:52 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serebo1
The problem occurs when I enter my email to retrieve password. No password is mailed. The system is bugged... From Lotus:


On 11/30/05 12:11 PM, "Warranty" <[email protected]> wrote:
Mr. Sereboff:

Apparently there are problems with the website; we apologize for the inconvenience. Your money has now been refunded.


Regards,

Brenda
Please try those steps and let me know if it worked. I followed the first 7 and I was able to get a new account setup.
Genjuro is offline  
post #107 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 12:54 PM
Registered User
 
ChrisB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Newport Beach, CA
Posts: 3,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjuro
Ok, I have found out more to this:

What you have to do is: UPDATED.. I found out more info..

1. click on signup
2. click on 1 day, then enter your name and e-mail
3. hit continue
4. cancel at the paypal screen and go back to the Lotus site
5. Click on Login
6. In Lost Password field just enter your e-mail address and click: Get Password
7. Wait for e-mail
8. go back to site once it arrives and login using that info
9. select your product and click order
10. pay via paypal
11. go back to the site and you will see under payment history your subscription
12. click on the link that says: 1 day [24 hour] subscription under your subscriptions
13. When it asks for username and PW, use the same from step 4.
14. Enjoy!

You guys are most welcome!
That looks like it was designed to prevent one from getting the manuals.
ChrisB is offline  
post #108 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-02-2005, 01:50 PM
OSX Black hat
 
charliex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Las Vegas , NV
Posts: 10,000
if you thinks its tough getting the manuals you should have seen what i had to go through to get them to put the reflashing software up there last year.
charliex is offline  
post #109 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-04-2005, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
sandsmuseum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Northern Idaho
Posts: 803
technical service bulletins as of 12/2005

I got a nice note from a fellow EliseTalk'er.

The following Technical Service Bulletins are available as of December 2005:

Technical Service Bulletins - Elise

2004/11 Throttle setting procedure for Elise 111R/'04 Exige
To specify throttle body stop screw adjustment for correct idle control.

2004/18 Lift Tube
Rectification of sticking gear lever lift tube. (On some cars, out of tolerance components may result in the lift tube sticking in the raised position and in possible baulking on hurried 3rd to 2nd downchanges if the lever is pushed too far to the left.) (Lift tube is otherwise known as the reverse lock out ring.)

2004/21 Cooler Union
Hose connection checks on North American Elise with front mounted oil coolers.

2004/27 Visor Seal
Rectification of water ingress via sunvisor brackets.

2005/01 AC Probe
Optimum position of a.c. temperature probe.

2005/03 Scan 3 (software installation notes)
A compact disc (CD) containing the latest Lotus Scn 3 programming software is being issued to all USA dealers.

2005/04 Lightweight
New features of 'Performance Pack' and 'Lightweight' options. (This includes no air conditioning, steel seat belt mounting frame and roll hoop, and chassis rear brace kit.)

2005/05 Oil Cooler fitment change (how to add the second oil cooler for those built after February)

2005/10 Security of Insulated Top Lining
An insulated lining for the soft top roof was introduced as an option. If the lining should become detached from the cant rails, it should be re-fixed using mechanical clamping for improved security.

2005/11 Toe-Link Locknut Check
Toe-link locknut check. (Michael: I will post a summary of this on my website in the maintenance section.)

2005/14 Introduction of New Transmission Options for USA Elise:
1. Lotus electronic traction control
2. Limited slip differential in conjunctino with Lotus traction control


Any misspellings are my own, as we always used to say...

Michael

www.sandsmuseum.com
antique coin op repair

Last edited by sandsmuseum; 12-04-2005 at 10:54 AM.
sandsmuseum is offline  
post #110 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Registered User
 
Russ_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Westford, MA
Posts: 41
Like a dummy, I tried to get the 24 hour access without reading this thread first. So I paid the $25 on PayPal and didn't get an email with password info, just as others have described. [And no, I don't have a spam blocker enabled.] I emailed [email protected] and, guess what? -- it bounced.

So, who do I contact to get access to the site? Or, should I just try to get a refund from PayPal?

-Russ
Russ_S is offline  
post #111 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Registered User
 
ChrisH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_S
Like a dummy, I tried to get the 24 hour access without reading this thread first. So I paid the $25 on PayPal and didn't get an email with password info, just as others have described. [And no, I don't have a spam blocker enabled.] I emailed [email protected] and, guess what? -- it bounced.

So, who do I contact to get access to the site? Or, should I just try to get a refund from PayPal?

-Russ
I also emailed "[email protected]" and did get a reponse. (Note the different domain name from the one you used.)
ChrisH is offline  
post #112 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-15-2005, 06:09 AM
Registered User
 
Russ_S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Westford, MA
Posts: 41
Thanks! Clearly they don't spend much effort maintaining the site -- it would be nice if their Contact Us page actually gave a phone number or working email address. At any rate, this one didn't bounce. I wonder if I'll get a response.

-Russ
Russ_S is offline  
post #113 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 10:23 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 418
I have followed the instructions above on at least four occasions now and the email never comes even when I use the "forgot password" method. I hope my new Elise (when it comes) works better than the website!
CarNut is offline  
post #114 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 10:51 AM
OSX Black hat
 
charliex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Las Vegas , NV
Posts: 10,000
It doesn't seem like its been working for a while now, mind you it never really did work that well in the first place.

I did ask andy a few times why they didn't just put on an 'out of service' note, but he never really answered it, in the beginning the site existed for the elise, listed all the stuff and most of it wasn't there (especially the reflashing stuff) i had to badger them for a month or so before it went up there.

I'd imagine its for EPA compliance, then they can say look its there, its just we're having temporary server difficulties and no doubt you can still get the info via the dealer network.


cheers
charliex is offline  
post #115 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 11:36 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarNut
I have followed the instructions above on at least four occasions now and the email never comes even when I use the "forgot password" method. I hope my new Elise (when it comes) works better than the website!

Did step 1-6 work ok? Then it breaks down for you on #7?
Genjuro is offline  
post #116 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
Registered User
 
Chococar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Posts: 2,206
I got this email reply from [email protected] when I tried the same thing:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
70.147.230.180 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] Giving up on 70.147.230.180.

---

Frustrating after paying money to get the manual ...
Chococar is offline  
post #117 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Registered User
 
abechen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 489
I couldn't get on the site either so i called Lotus of America and they said that they are having problems with the site and will refund my money.

Call them if you are having problems.
abechen is offline  
post #118 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 02:40 PM
Registered User
 
Serebo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 7,002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjuro
Did step 1-6 work ok? Then it breaks down for you on #7?
That's pretty much my experience...

Matte Black, Sport, Touring, ***** intake (TBA), RAC Mono wheels, Painted Shift knob, smoked turn signals, Alpine SPS 6.5" rear speakers, MB Quarts, JVC Nav, Starshield, LBH exhaust, Dpic perf. gauge, Custom true HID projectors, GUT wing and splitter, Mesh side pods, Sector111 harness bar and 4-point harness, Lotus Sport Ohlins double-adjustable suspension, swaybar, '06 LED tailights, Toda flywheel, Lotusport interior.
Serebo1 is offline  
post #119 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 02:46 PM
OSX Black hat
 
charliex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Las Vegas , NV
Posts: 10,000
one email address bounced , the other didn't so lets see if they say owt..

they've been having difficulty since day 1, might be time for a new webmaster
charliex is offline  
post #120 of 378 (permalink) Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
Registered User
 
ChrisH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 2,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chococar
I got this email reply from [email protected] when I tried the same thing:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
70.147.230.180 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for [email protected] Giving up on 70.147.230.180.

---

Frustrating after paying money to get the manual ...
[email protected] is a nonworking email address. I tried [email protected] and it worked, and I got a reply (and a refund).
ChrisH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome