The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU.

137K views 391 replies 175 participants last post by  DWilde 
#1 ·
The Service Manual for the Federal Elise is available on the Lotus Cars USA website. You must pay a membership fee of $25 for one day, $300 for a month, or a huge amount for a year to gain access to the site. Once on the site you can download individual chapters from the Service Manual.

I purchased a one day access for $25 and proceeded to download all the sections that were available. I have not checked to see if they are as complete or are the same as the paper manual I purchased several months ago. First glance suggests all the chapters are there.

The Toyota manuals are separate and can be purchased at your local Lotus dealership. The site does include a listing of what these manuals include and the price.

Terms of Agreement prevent the uploading of the material and only license you to have one copy. Please do not ask me for a copy of my material. $25 is inexpensive.

Michael

edit to add-
I've had consistent trouble with the plain www.lotustechinfo.com link.

This one http://www.lotustechinfo.com/subscriber_new_terms.asp however has always worked for me.

YMMV.

#155 ·
email the warranty dept they might be willing to send them for a paypal trade.

you can still order the regular ones from lotus

also check ebay ;) i scanned a bunch of the m100 manuals after lotus pretty much gave up with it, and i see them listed on there , even though they are downloadable ( lotus haven't smacked us about for it, but i'm presuming its because they either don't know ;) or because the elan was sold off to Kia anyway/ or just that its discontinued)

err i meant a friend scanned them in, wasn't me :) hardly even a friend really.

#158 · (Edited)
more like $700+

I have the paper manual and it was $714.83 as of Nov 2004. Worse, it is out of date from the day you get it. Print quality is poor. I strongly urge you to get the computer versions.

The price was for both the Lotus service and parts manual and for the Toyota manuals (3) as well. (Parts was $204 and Service was $228) I have seen the parts manual available for free as mentioned on EliseTalk. The Toyota engine, engine suppliment, and transmission manuals are available from the Toyota UK site although I have heard there are problems finding the right manuals.

That being said, I think the only way to resolve the server problems is to call Lotus Cars USA (see number in your user manual) and ask for the service manual electronically. If they tell you the server will be up shortly, tell them that has been the word for more than several months and you might like more accurate information.

This sure seems harder than it should be. If anyone wants to push for permission, I am sure we can set up a server with all the stuff on it. It is a simple(?) matter of getting permission.

Michael

(edited to add Toyota location and getting permission)

#159 ·
I would certainly want to get it also.
Maybe I'll start trying to see what can happen, although it may be better for someone who has connections to do the asking...

Seems silly not to make it avaliable with the excuse the server is not working, especially when there are people here that would gladly host the manuals, and I think even work out the payment.

I didn't see it, but are the Toyota manuals still avliable?
Anyone with a link to the correct manuals?

Mark

sandsmuseum said:
This sure seems harder than it should be. If anyone wants to push for permission, I am sure we can set up a server with all the stuff on it. It is a simple(?) matter of getting permission.

Michael

(edited to add Toyota location and getting permission)

#160 ·
Any manuals out there?

Along with many others, I have been checking the Lotus USA web site for weeks waiting for the link to the service manual to become active again. Despirately need a USA specification service manual. I bought an '04 manual but it is for the Rover powered Elise. Please send me a PM if you have a lead on a way to obtain a manual. Thanks!!!!

#161 ·
from Lotus Today

:wallbang: Sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately at this time we are
experiencing difficulties with our server, we are hoping to get it up
and running as soon as possible, but unfortunately it is quite a big
fault, so this may take some time.

If you are in desperate need of some information and require the service
notes, then they are available to purchase from our dealer network, or
if you can wait until the server is back up and running then you will be
able purchase the PDF files that you require.

Regards

Lotus Cars USA, Inc.
2236 Northmont Parkway, Duluth, GA 30096 :wallbang:
Phone (770) 476- 6564, Fax (770) 476-6541

#162 ·
AAKKK!

If anyone has ideas on getting a copy of the service manual, please PM me.
I would certainly pay them for it, but they don't seem to want to sell them.

Mark

rv02tx said:
:wallbang: Sorry for the inconvenience, unfortunately at this time we are
experiencing difficulties with our server, we are hoping to get it up
and running as soon as possible, but unfortunately it is quite a big
fault, so this may take some time.

#169 · (Edited)
the paper manuals are almost as bad as the PDF's copying them would probably make them even less readable.

its odd its like the PDFs are scanned from poor printouts of the original PDF type files, which are then in turn sold as the super expensive paper manuals.

i would imagine there are some enterprising individuals on ebay

i printed out some 13x17 inch for the circuit diagrams on a expensive printer and they're still unreadable in bits, (even with a crazy zoom on the PDF)

#170 ·
CALtd said:
Something like:
  1. webmaster took the keys and they don't have access to the server.
  2. webmaster didn't get paid (see #1)
  3. website was hacked and CC info compromised (see #1).
  4. too many tech questions coming from owners reading the manuals.
I think the real reason is that Lotus and the dealers make a lot more profit off the paper manuals. The $25 download is just too cheap.

#171 ·
Lotus Elise Service Notes...

from Lotus through my dealer Smith Lotus-ordered on a mon.and had it in hand the following mon. in feb. Contents include Elise111R, Elise North America, and Exige 2004 Model Year Onwards to quote the green binder cover. The price was$ 178.38 plus 10 bucks freight and 12.93 ca. sales tax for a grand total of $201.31 (part# A120T0327J) Dealer told me they only make $15 on it. I haven't spent much time with it so I cannot attest to its completeness if you will. Purchased it as a kind of insurance policy as my dealer is 140 miles from my home in Carmel and have a local Porsche guy who said he would be happy to work on it if the situation should arise. Pip

#172 ·
Here's the thing... Lotus is obligated to make the service manuals, or at least the emissions portions, available on-line. They have no choice in this matter; the EPA requires it.

Your best bet might be to call up Lotus USA and ask why they refuse to comply with the EPA mandate.

Alternatively, we need to find an open FTP drop-box or Torrent tracker site and do their job for them. :)

#173 ·
LCU is obviously happy with the status quo. It isn't that difficult a problem to resolve, if they really wanted to. I guess, like the shifter recall situation, if they're not willing to do the right thing voluntarily, contacting the responsible government agency to file a complaint is the next step.

#174 ·
Well, I need the shop manual. I can't wait any longer. So if somebody knows where I might be able to... find a copy of the files, it would be much appreciated. Please PM me if you can help.
:wave:
As a finders fee, I'm ready to make a contribution to a charity of your choice. And I mean a real charity, "Joe's Elise Mod Fund" does not count! :)

#175 ·
ConeFusion said:
Well, I need the shop manual. I can't wait any longer. So if somebody knows where I might be able to... find a copy of the files, it would be much appreciated. Please PM me if you can help.
You don't make it easy.

Sorry! That user has specified that they do not wish to receive emails. If you still wish to send an email to this user, please contact the administrator and they may be able to help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.