The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU.

137K views 391 replies 175 participants last post by  DWilde 
#1 ·
The Service Manual for the Federal Elise is available on the Lotus Cars USA website. You must pay a membership fee of $25 for one day, $300 for a month, or a huge amount for a year to gain access to the site. Once on the site you can download individual chapters from the Service Manual.

I purchased a one day access for $25 and proceeded to download all the sections that were available. I have not checked to see if they are as complete or are the same as the paper manual I purchased several months ago. First glance suggests all the chapters are there.

The Toyota manuals are separate and can be purchased at your local Lotus dealership. The site does include a listing of what these manuals include and the price.

Terms of Agreement prevent the uploading of the material and only license you to have one copy. Please do not ask me for a copy of my material. $25 is inexpensive.

Michael

edit to add-
I've had consistent trouble with the plain www.lotustechinfo.com link.

This one http://www.lotustechinfo.com/subscriber_new_terms.asp however has always worked for me.

YMMV.

#178 ·
®ob said:
Any chance this is coming back online? I really want/need a copy of this manual.
same here - really need a copy of these as the dealer is 4 hours away and i'd like to troubleshoot a problem before taking it there...

can't believe it's been down for what, 6 months now...? :mad:

shoulda downloaded them when i had the chance, but i figured i'd d/l them when i needed them....oh well.

#180 ·
2005 Lotus Elise ( USA Model ) FULL Service Manual

Dear EliseTalk counter parts and Lotus Elise Owners :wave:

I have tried repeatedly over the last 4 months to get into Lotuscars.com to pay my $25 and download the Service manual for my vehicle. The site has been down and when I called Lotus HQ -poke- in Georgia they stated their website would be up by the begining to mid April. I have gone back there 4 times and just as recently as May 8, 2006 :wallbang: it still is not available. The link appears to be dead I'd like to get a copy of the 2005 Federal Elise (USA MODEL ELISE )service Manual since this is a limited Car. I am not against Paying the $25 to lotus but I beleive they have disabled the link to prevent ( Owners) from getting manuals therefore forcing us to use Dealers for Maintance even if minor.
Any advice or assistance you could please offer?

I am willing to Borrow or Buy from someone who has the Full Manual ( Parts Manual and Updates would be considered a Bonus but just the service Manual would make me happy )on the 2005 USA Model of the elise??? ANYONE? SERIOUS REPLIES ONLY PLEASE :thwack:

Todd
2005 Lotus Elise Graphite Grey
Sports and Touring Package
Palm Beach FL

Reply to Email at WELLIVER1@aol.com

#181 ·
Manual Download is Back!

The Lotus tech support site is back up and I was able to pay my $25 and download most of the service manual today! :) There were broken links for a couple of the sections, but I was able to get all the important ones.

Hopefully this will save me the hassle of having to take my Elise in for service. It just start throwing a P0446 error code :mad:. Now that I can see the fuel system diagram, I've a pretty good idea of what is going on and were to look for the problem.

#183 ·
TSB's as of 6/1

This certainly was a long time coming. hallelujah! :nanner:

TSB 2004-11 Throttle Setting Procedure.PDF 283.59 KB 5/8/2006
TSB 2004-21 Cnnctn checks Front Oil Coolers.pdf 146.81 KB 5/8/2006
TSB 2006-1R Gear Lever Recall .pdf 250.2 KB application/pdf 5/8/2006
TSB 2006-02 Elise Airbag Addendum Page.pdf 167.25 KB 5/8/2006
TSB 2006-07 ECU update program.pdf 322.85 KB 5/8/2006
TSB 2006-10 Electronic Throttle Body.pdf 149.05 KB 5/8/2006
TSB 2005-03 2nd 2 Scan 3 USA Version.pdf 68.69 KB 5/8/2006

#185 ·
rnr said:
The following PDF dont seem to be working for me

04. BQ Bodycare- Repair.pdf
20. OI Maintenance and Lubrication.pdf
21. PL Air Conditioning, Heating - Ventilation.pdf

Anyone have better luck?
Same for me.

xtn

#186 ·
rnr said:
The following PDF dont seem to be working for me

04. BQ Bodycare- Repair.pdf
20. OI Maintenance and Lubrication.pdf
21. PL Air Conditioning, Heating - Ventilation.pdf

Anyone have better luck?
wonderful. i've been waiting forever their site to come back up so that i could download the service manual and check out some stuff about my air conditioner, and that turns out to be one of the links that isn't working...:wallbang:

#193 ·
Franz S said:
Hi!

I want to open the gearbox of my Federal Exige. Are the information about the Toyota's gearbox available in the 25$ 24 hour subscription or should I buy the Toy Man Service from a dealer?

If you are going into the guts of the gearbox, you will want the Toyota manual. I think for $25, it is still an easy decision to also have the Lotus manual additionally.

#196 ·
sambryant said:
Thanks to the previous posts I have successfully and easily obtained the download copy of the service manual through the Lotus site. The links are still broken to sections 4, 20, and 21, but can be received by email as MGOROFF descibed.
i second this. i just d/l'ed the whole manual minus the 3 sections and they were emailed to me w/in half a day. :)

#197 ·
They emailed me the three missing files withing 1.5 hours of my request. Weekday during normal working hours, of course. YMMV.

xtn

#200 ·
gtveloce said:
Holy smoly - got my email replied in 10 mins!!! ::coolnana:
Got you beat... I just sent off my email to warranty@lotuscars.com at 11:42 AM ET and received a reply back with the files attached at 11:44 AM ET.

#201 ·
Whoever is answering the emails has written down the server path to those files I suspect!

xtn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.