Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU. - Page 8 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLaFreniere
You'd think, wouldn't you? But I haven't been privy to any evidence of that happening. (hint)
Double hint!

2006 Time Magazine Person of the year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 09:46 AM

My mistake was not doing it right away as well. I figured it would be an easy $25 Christmas gift for someone in my family to give me. Little did I know the site would be down well before Christmas.

I'm down with making a $25 donation to Lotus or charity in exchange for the PDF.
post #143 of 378 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill B
Double hint!
Me too! (hint)

Just got my Elise last Tuesday. I've had service manuals for every car I've ever owned... I like to know how they work!

post #144 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 09:28 AM

I noticed the http://www.lotuscars.com/ page was last updated 11/29/05. Is that when the "Service Information" link stopped working?

Does anyone know if the problem is with the link on that page or if it's somewhere else on their server?

Did anyone who accessed the service pages save a bookmark or still have a direct link in their browser history? Perhaps there's still a way to get the manuals from Lotus.
post #145 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 01:07 PM

http://66.139.73.25/amember/index.php is the link that I have saved.
post #146 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-02-2006, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraFish
http://66.139.73.25/amember/index.php is the link that I have saved.
I have that saved as well. It just doesn't work.

post #147 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-03-2006, 06:33 PM

zip files in the night

I suddenly found myself needing a manual. A quiet zip file in the night would be really helpfull! $25 not a problem.

Mahalo, Tim
Attached Images

Last edited by Tim Moxon; 02-03-2006 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added pic (reason for manual)
post #148 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

help is on the way...

I talked with Dave Simkin today about the lack of service manuals on the website. He indicated that there was a server problem and that he expected the problem would be resolved later this month.

Sounds like they know there is a problem and are working on it.

Given past performance of the LCU website, I can imagine that what is easy for some of us to fix, is difficult for the originators.

If anyone is willing to get copyright permission from Toyota and Lotus, I am sure some of us might be able to make the material available.

Michael

www.sandsmuseum.com
antique coin op repair
post #149 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmuseum
I talked with Dave Simkin today about the lack of service manuals on the website. He indicated that there was a server problem and that he expected the problem would be resolved later this month.

Sounds like they know there is a problem and are working on it.

Given past performance of the LCU website, I can imagine that what is easy for some of us to fix, is difficult for the originators.

If anyone is willing to get copyright permission from Toyota and Lotus, I am sure some of us might be able to make the material available.

Michael
They told me that back in November. The same guy that set the time table for the US release of the car must be the same guy in charge of the server.

post #150 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 01:20 PM

The address' that Bill B and BraFish have listed above are correct as google still has cached versions of these in its memory.

Thank you for your efforts Michael, and keep up the good work, your site is a fabulous sorce of info. The lack of these manuals on line has made it diificult for some of us who like fiddling or who need to do some minor adjustments.
Andy

Last edited by drac; 02-04-2006 at 01:34 PM.
post #151 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-04-2006, 06:59 PM

When there is a link let me know. I would like a download as well. I dont have a problem sending $25 to Lotus if we can get permission to share it from somebody.....

Tony V
www.lotusowners.com
[email protected]
post #152 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-05-2006, 05:23 PM

i know there isn't much point in asking here, but at least it keeps this thread in the light: i too would like the manual somehow please.
post #153 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-09-2006, 09:47 AM

Trade Manuals?

I really need the service manual, see pic above. I would be happy to trade my zip file of the latest parts manual for someones zip file of the Service manual.

Cheers, Tim
post #154 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:45 PM

Does anyone know of any resolution to this?

post #155 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:17 PM
OSX Black hat

email the warranty dept they might be willing to send them for a paypal trade.

you can still order the regular ones from lotus

also check ebay i scanned a bunch of the m100 manuals after lotus pretty much gave up with it, and i see them listed on there , even though they are downloadable ( lotus haven't smacked us about for it, but i'm presuming its because they either don't know or because the elan was sold off to Kia anyway/ or just that its discontinued)

err i meant a friend scanned them in, wasn't me hardly even a friend really.

Black Exige S / Elan M100. Don't run a smaller pulley without an upgraded fuel pump! http://www.goth.am ecu stuff.. New reflash box coming soon!
post #156 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 05:09 PM

Garage
I've been checking every day to see if the on-line manual is backup, and I'm getting desperate.

Anyone have an rough idea as to the cost of the printed service manual ?

thanks
Rob
post #157 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-21-2006, 05:27 PM
Evl

Roughly $400-$500 if I remember correctly. And I think the real drawback was that they are typically out of date. You can call your local parts department to find out the real price though.
post #158 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

more like $700+

I have the paper manual and it was $714.83 as of Nov 2004. Worse, it is out of date from the day you get it. Print quality is poor. I strongly urge you to get the computer versions.

The price was for both the Lotus service and parts manual and for the Toyota manuals (3) as well. (Parts was $204 and Service was $228) I have seen the parts manual available for free as mentioned on EliseTalk. The Toyota engine, engine suppliment, and transmission manuals are available from the Toyota UK site although I have heard there are problems finding the right manuals.

That being said, I think the only way to resolve the server problems is to call Lotus Cars USA (see number in your user manual) and ask for the service manual electronically. If they tell you the server will be up shortly, tell them that has been the word for more than several months and you might like more accurate information.

This sure seems harder than it should be. If anyone wants to push for permission, I am sure we can set up a server with all the stuff on it. It is a simple(?) matter of getting permission.

Michael

(edited to add Toyota location and getting permission)

www.sandsmuseum.com
antique coin op repair

Last edited by sandsmuseum; 02-22-2006 at 10:35 AM.
post #159 of 378 (permalink) Old 02-22-2006, 07:00 PM

I would certainly want to get it also.
Maybe I'll start trying to see what can happen, although it may be better for someone who has connections to do the asking...

Seems silly not to make it avaliable with the excuse the server is not working, especially when there are people here that would gladly host the manuals, and I think even work out the payment.

I didn't see it, but are the Toyota manuals still avliable?
Anyone with a link to the correct manuals?

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsmuseum
This sure seems harder than it should be. If anyone wants to push for permission, I am sure we can set up a server with all the stuff on it. It is a simple(?) matter of getting permission.

Michael

(edited to add Toyota location and getting permission)
post #160 of 378 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 05:09 AM

Any manuals out there?

Along with many others, I have been checking the Lotus USA web site for weeks waiting for the link to the service manual to become active again. Despirately need a USA specification service manual. I bought an '04 manual but it is for the Rover powered Elise. Please send me a PM if you have a lead on a way to obtain a manual. Thanks!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in