The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Elise Service Manual for $25 from LCU.

137K views 391 replies 175 participants last post by  DWilde 
#1 ·
The Service Manual for the Federal Elise is available on the Lotus Cars USA website. You must pay a membership fee of $25 for one day, $300 for a month, or a huge amount for a year to gain access to the site. Once on the site you can download individual chapters from the Service Manual.

I purchased a one day access for $25 and proceeded to download all the sections that were available. I have not checked to see if they are as complete or are the same as the paper manual I purchased several months ago. First glance suggests all the chapters are there.

The Toyota manuals are separate and can be purchased at your local Lotus dealership. The site does include a listing of what these manuals include and the price.

Terms of Agreement prevent the uploading of the material and only license you to have one copy. Please do not ask me for a copy of my material. $25 is inexpensive.

Michael

edit to add-
I've had consistent trouble with the plain www.lotustechinfo.com link.

This one http://www.lotustechinfo.com/subscriber_new_terms.asp however has always worked for me.

YMMV.

#203 ·
Stan said:
I rec'd four new files, 3,4,20,21: Chassis / Bodycare & Repair / Maintenance & Lubrication / Air Cond, Heating, etc.
Hmmm... the third file for me was:
03. TDQ Technical Data - Vehicle.pdf
and is 6 pages of diminesions, capacities, specifications and the like.

#207 ·
Just got mine too. Now I can die contented. All four missing files present and accounted for. Sent by one Brenda Martin.

xtn

#212 ·
All files are now working. :D

#214 ·
Eyelise said:
Do you need to register and log-in? I didn't see any reference to the manual.
Click the PayPal logo on the page, pay $25 for 1-day access, then you can log in and access the tech manual and service bulletins.

#218 · (Edited)
I just logged in to leech the service manual, and it looks like several chapters were updated 7/7/06 and includes details on the '07 model:

"Differences between '07 Elise/Exige and '06 include: Elise 111R renamed Elise R; New sealed headlamp units; raised LOTUS lettering on rear transom; additional screen pillar seal; Alpine audio; improved HVAC ducting:) . New model Elise S uses 1ZZ-FE engine producing 100 kW, with variable inlet timing but fixed valve lift, plastic inlet manifold, revised intake snorkel, revised exhaust manifold and downpipe, smaller tailpipes within standard trims. Elise S also uses new C56 5-speed transmission and 6-spoke roadwheels sharing styling of standard '01 model wheels."
Someone here already got a late 06 with "raised letters on the transom", so some of it applies to US models. See here. Sealed headlamps means (I think) they comply with US regs?

#220 ·
Tell me where to look for it and I'll let you know. I'm on it now... don't see any programs. It's all PDF... a 6/23 TSB about reflashing is there.

#222 ·
I don't see that anywhere. :shrug: Looked everywhere too. Just re-logged in from scratch and clicked all the possible links. Looks like the 7/7/06 updates are not necessarily important since the Esprit has a lot of files updated 7/6/06.

By the way, anyone doing this should get Firefox with the DownThemAll plugin. I just grabbed the Esprit manuals for kicks in about 5 minutes with one click. :coolnana:

#223 ·
Can't find Elise service manual

I subscribed to the LotuscarsUSA.com technical service site (24 hour access) to DL or view the service manual for my '06 Elise. All I seem to have visibilty of is the Lotus Emissions Information Portal. I don't see any reference to service manuals or Tech Bulletins (other than emissions tech bulletins and some recall stuff).

I stumbled on to a page that is for admin login to the technical information portal - that is where is suspect the info I am looking for is but there does not seem to be any way for a paid subscriber to access that area of the site.

Can anyone provide any help with this? I feel like I just sent $25 down the drain!

Any help would be appreciated. My 24 hours ends 7/16 at 11:50 PM PDT.
thanks,
greg

#224 ·
Those are the service manuals. Click on the three sections that mention Elise and download all of the files. When you open them up, it will be clear.

The only reason it mentions "emissions" is that US emissions law requires this stuff to be put online. Or something like that.

#225 ·
Thanks Guys!

Really, really useful information. I registered and got all the manuals in about 20 minutes.:mw:

BTW there is a nifty plug-in for firefox call "down them all" which will scan a page for url links and queue and download them all at once.

Worked perfectly for this ... :shift:

George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.