The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Evora engine bay noise when accelerating

987 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  robbdom 
#1 ·
I have a strange noise when I get on the accelerator in my 2014 Evora S. There are no check engine lights or anything else. It sounds like a piece of paper is in the bay area being blown around. It does not do this when the engine is idling or when the engine is revved up at a stand still. It really sounds like something is lose in the bay (heat shield???) that gets blown around by wind. Lotus has checked the car 2 different times and has no concern. Is this sound normal??? Sometimes it goes away and then comes back if I get on the throttle. I see No issues with the coupler hose either. I know the heat shield material is a little flimsy so could it be that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.