The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Fuel pressure problem

1K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Twaszak! 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm hoping you can help me , I'm sorry if this has been covered before. I changed my fuel pump and replaced the injectors (still stock size ) . The fuel pump runs and is delivering fuel but its not seeming to be enough for the car to run. I have an 05 lotus Elise . And am looking for suggestions as for where to start looking for issues .

Thank you,
Daniel

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Ok , so the latest is , I checked , it seems like it's the fuel injectors , so I checked the electrical , everything seems fine on that end. For kicks I tried installing some brand new 550cc injectors I had laying around for when I turbo charge it. It now runs (lean as I expected with that ) . Does that mean the other injectors were bad or clogged ? So I guess that means I just need to do a tune or get new injectors that are working ?

Sorry for all the questions and ignorance

Thank you in advance

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.