The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Fuel pump replacement

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Parko 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm changing the fuel pump on my Elise, using the access hatch behind the seat. My car has been previously modified and was already cut in this area.

I read there is a metal clip holding on the tube that points toward the other side of the car. I think my car may not have the clip anymore. I'm wondering if you can see from the picture--is my clip missing? I've been careful not to break anything and thus far unable to get this tube off. I just don't see this clip!?

I've attached a picture. It is difficult to get my cell phone down in there, but hopefully you can see the black tube going on to the plastic extension.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The orange plastic "C" clip at the lower right of my picture is the fuel line retainer.

The white tube you show in your picture is the vent tube - the black connector "snaps" on.

The other two connectors are electrical.

Hope this helps!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.