The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Help! Alarm acting up!!!

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  SirLotus 
#1 ·
My neighbor just told me that if he opens his door slightly too close to my car, it trips the alarm (the only reason I even found out about this is because I happened to hear it going off...)

I went out to turn the alarm off, but when I locked the doors (and armed it again), it beeps (once, a very long one...not sure if it goes off or not - I left it unlocked just now).

How can I make my alarm less sensitive??? I already had trouble with the alarm going off on a different car...my neighbors are going to pitch a fit if I don't do something.

EDIT: So I just read that if I lock it (big button) and then hit the small button twice, it'll deactivate the motion sensor, which should solve the problem? Hopefully?

#2 ·
Tried locking it and then hitting small button twice, and that sets off the alarm after a few seconds.

If I just lock it regularly, a few seconds later I get a long, continuous beep (I think that's the same one I got when I locked it and forgot to close the trunk completely). I've checked everything I can think of and everything seems normal...

#4 ·
I really don't understand why bypassing the Microwave would set the alarm off. Here is how you do it....You have to arm the alarm first before you bypass it, then every time you press the "B" button(twice within 20 secs) the system should beep once. You can reduce the sensitivity of the Microwave but it should not need it. However if you still want to do it let me know.
Michael

#3 ·
Ok, so the interior light was in the 'up' position. Switched it to 'down' and locked it and it seems okay now.

However, I still need to figure out a way to decrease the sensitivity. Can't have the alarm going off every time my neighbor gets out of his car. And he's always very careful not to get too close.

Also, locking it and then hitting the small button twice sets off the alarm. Maybe I misread something about that? lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.