IMO, it is essential to have the service manual prior to working on the Elise/Exige, to figure out why your car threw a code, etc. It is very handy to have this information available in digital form, especially in a searchable PDF format. Instructions on how to download the manual from Lotus are buried in a few threads on the forum here, but the threads are very long and it can be difficult to find the instructions that work in the threads. So, to make life easier for everyone...
This is the method for obtaining the Lotus Elise/Exige Service Manual, Parts List and TSBs in PDF form from Lotus for $25*.
- Start here: Lotus Subscribe.
- Click "I Agree"
- Sign up and pay to be a "subscriber" by choosing and entering the required information: username, password, email, first and last names. You can obtain everything available with the 24 hour option for $25.00 (first of the three options). You can sign up for longer if you wish to give Lotus more than $25 because you have cash to burn.
- Open the email account that you used to register. You should receive an email with your Subscription Receipt for Lotus Tech Info. This sometimes takes a bit of time.
- After receiving the email, use this link Lotus Subscriber - Log-in to get to the download site.
- Sign in with your user name and password and download away.
For those who prefer a hard copy but don't want to pay the $$$ for the official available through the dealership copy, you can download the PDFs from Lotus, have them printed and bound at your local Kinko's. It is not very expensive comparatively to do so.
Or you can use them on a laptop in your garage although I personally find that very frustrating and I get in trouble for the grease and grime on the laptop keyboard and monitor.
*Non-US users, I am sorry but this does not seem to work for you unless you have a US paypal account.
Never mind.......I answers my own question. It was a MAC thing.......
Current 2007 Exige S TOURING PACK, TRACK PACK, LSD, Aspen White, BOE Torque300, Tank,2bular muffler, Larini header/Decat, RLS Intercooler, Intercooler Vent Ducts/tubes PENSKE SINGLE-ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS, CUPdiscs-Front ULTRAdisc rear, Lotus AP 4 Pot Calipers, Fidanza lightweight flywheel, ACT HDSS Clutch......way too much to list..
Past 2014 Arial Atom
Past Lotus- 2005 Elise, BOE REV400TVS,Nikasil SB, Arias pistons,....et cetera-track monster
Last edited by qz5gxt; 11-03-2011 at 02:53 PM.