The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Inspecting my intake cam for abnormal, wear would appreciate opinions

976 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Smoky 
#1 ·
2007 Exige S 5000 miles

Definitely doesn't look like the example here http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/1206291-post74.html

Mostly I see the factory coating being polished off. Not evenly, but that seems common based on posts I've read. Not sure if the wear pattern is normal or ideal.

If cylinder 1 is closest to the timing chain (if that is correct) then I am most concerned with what I see on the intake lobes of cyl 1 and 3 (assuming right-to-left is 1-2-3-4).

I feel nothing. Just a smooth surface on all lobes.

But I took a few pics and would like to get some visual second opinions before I button it back up.

Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
My gosh I must be getting old. Those are bad pictures? What would I need to do to get a good picture? Happy to learn, I just was thinking that I had taken some pretty good pics! lol

But yes they are all perfectly smooth all the way around

I see now that the forum limited the resolution of the upload. They should have been 4k pics

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.