The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Leaking clutch fluid

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Iveria 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

Quick question:

After having my transmission out, my clutch pedal is seriously soft and does not disengage the transmission properly.
A quick investigation revealed a puddle of brake(clutch) fluid under the car. when the pedal is pressed, fluid runs out from what appears to be a valve (the black thingie in the picture) in the rear clutch pipe.

So I have 2 questions:

1: Is this fixable without replacing the pipe and the valve? (Not the end of the world to replace: https://deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=12&TBL=6060&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=244948)

2: Seeing as I have spilled a fair amount of fluid onto the floor, I need to at least top it up, and if I replace the pipe it will need to be bled. Where is the reservoir? From the parts schematics it looks like it shares a reservoir with the brake master cylinder?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Clutch delay valve appears to be leaking..... unless you like using "launch control" or otherwise like doing standing-starts by dumping your clutch, replace that with the factory standard Clutch Pipe ... Lotus part # C120Q0003F

Reactions: glb
#5 ·
Yeah it looks like it is one assembly to me. You could alternatively buy a replacement from BOE if they are hard to get. You will need to bleed the clutch system after, but it's really not that hard. It does share a reservoir with the brake fluid, but you cant run the brake fluid dry from a leaky clutch.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.