Locked my keys in trunk!! - Page 3 - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-14-2014, 04:52 PM

Garage
its funny, I didn't know the secret technique, but I figured it out on my own. Thought I'd be "fishing" for a while, but it was really quick.

Lotus Elise '05 Graphite Grey; Miles: 41,xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 08:22 AM
Such moderate

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoSL View Post
its funny, I didn't know the secret technique, but I figured it out on my own. Thought I'd be "fishing" for a while, but it was really quick.
That's the way I figured it out too.
post #43 of 61 (permalink) Old 10-15-2014, 03:06 PM

Can someone PM me the secret just in case it happens to me? Thank you!

2008 Lotus Elise California Edition - Red
2009 Land Rover LR2 - Black
2011 Volvo XC90 - Charcoal
2000 Toyota MR2 Spyder - Red (sold)

post #44 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 06:39 PM
The fatal shore

Can someone let me know how it is done too?

I have the series 3 with no lock on the trunk and i have wondered a couple of things.
1) How do i open the trunk if i can't get into the car and can't reach the release handle?
2) If the car has run out of power and the doors cannot be opened and i try to use the auxillary terminals in the front access panel how will i take off the panel if the bloody hex tool is in the boot (see point 1!)

It would just be nice to know

chris
post #45 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 08:59 PM
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrispysash View Post

I have the series 3 with no lock on the trunk and i have wondered a couple of things.
1) How do i open the trunk if i can't get into the car and can't reach the release handle?
2) If the car has run out of power and the doors cannot be opened and i try to use the auxillary terminals in the front access panel how will i take off the panel if the bloody hex tool is in the boot (see point 1!)

chris
Nice to know... but I think useless to you as there is significant difference between the key access trunk and the S3.
post #46 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Monaco Dreamin'

Quote:

chris
1. Worst case scenario you can yank on the the cable leading into the engine bay, accessible through the wheel well or by removing the undertray.

2. Keep a spare set of tools in your garage, or install in a battery tender lead you can access without removing the panel.

01 Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6 TME
93 Lancia Delta Integrale Evo 2
65 Ford Mustang 289 5spd
post #47 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 12:06 AM
The fatal shore

Yep, tried 'the method'. Not going to happen, will have to think about the spare tools. Anyone with a spare Elise tool kit?!
post #48 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-25-2014, 05:47 PM
anglophile in exile

Quote:
Yep, tried 'the method'. Not going to happen, will have to think about the spare tools. Anyone with a spare Elise tool kit?!
How does the front come of your car?

The front access panels come off the earlier cars with a 3mm allen key... they are a couple of dollars at most and easily available.

Complete tool kits are about $20 from the UK...
post #49 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-03-2015, 04:52 PM

Help, please~!

Long story short:
- I stored my car in a apartment parking over the winter
- I removed battery cable and double locked Driver side with Key turn lock.

Some Jackass tried to B&E and completely damaged the Driver Side Door lock.

Please PM me any solution.
I will keep the "Fishing" method as my last option.
Best if I can unlock the truck & reconnecting the battery
so I can use my alarm remote.

Thanks in advance
BU

Edited: Thanks. Found my answer. Moved my car already. Thanks again, LT.

Last edited by Bender Unit; 05-03-2015 at 11:07 PM.
post #50 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 11:14 AM

OK That guy figured it out... now it's my turn. Not having enough garage bays at home I switch cars back and forth at work, taking all the charger cables, blue teeths, EZ Passes, etc back and forth in a sort of toiletry bag... the bag that I threw the Elise key in of course. Trunk was open with battery tender on it. So... I yanked the battery charge cable, threw the little bag in... and as I heard the trunk close, I heard the little voice "You absolute moron..."

So... please please please. Not new here... Been on the forum for 5 or 6 years. Oh and it's not an emergency for today. Car is safely parked in the hallway outside my office. I'll take the Porsche today but I'd really like to use my Lotus again. 07 Elise.
post #51 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 12:18 PM

Never locked my keys in .....but every spring I realize my battery is dead and I cant get into my car.

Good thing Its easy to break in to.

07 Elise R.I.P.
08 Exige S240
08 Aprilia RSV1000R
Ram 5500-Gone
2015 F550
post #52 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdonovan View Post
OK That guy figured it out... now it's my turn. Not having enough garage bays at home I switch cars back and forth at work, taking all the charger cables, blue teeths, EZ Passes, etc back and forth in a sort of toiletry bag... the bag that I threw the Elise key in of course. Trunk was open with battery tender on it. So... I yanked the battery charge cable, threw the little bag in... and as I heard the trunk close, I heard the little voice "You absolute moron..."

So... please please please. Not new here... Been on the forum for 5 or 6 years. Oh and it's not an emergency for today. Car is safely parked in the hallway outside my office. I'll take the Porsche today but I'd really like to use my Lotus again. 07 Elise.
Hey anyone??? Feel free to chime in lol. Not an emergency but I would kind of like to take the car home for the weekend.
post #53 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 05:08 AM

Can someone please PM me the trick to opening the trunk? Thanks!

2006 Polar Blue Elise, Black LSS wheels, Black lug bolts, Black badges, CF Reverie diffuser, CF splitter, Micro Mirror, Bootie, Alcantara headliner, Alpine headunit, JL speakers, S111 DBWpedals, S111 Flex Co radiator & hoses, De-snorkel, Lower mount inserts, StopTech SS brake lines, LETSLA, SSC toe links & brace, BOE TOC pan, Top Speed Pro 1 exhaust, BWR Penske Singles, V2 arms, V2 fuel tank, HDSS clutch/pp, MWR flywheel, BOE Torque200
post #54 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 06:27 AM

NOTE TO ALL RE TRUNK (aka the boot):

It is small. Yes, you can put in "things" that can be stolen. Unlike most vehicles, those "things" must be small and few in number. Ergo, "things" in the trunk of an Elise are not worth stealing.

PRACTICE POINTER TO THIEVES: Best targets of opportunity are SUVs. I.e., large cargo area with lots of crap. Stealing from Elise cars is bad ROI.
post #55 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 04:42 AM

Cmon... So now nobody knows? I need a little help here plz...
post #56 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-13-2015, 05:56 AM

Thanks to those who bailed me out. Got the car on the road just in time for the pollen to turn the whole car bright green. Should have left the keys in the trunk and taken the Porsche. At least it's white and doesn't show up so bad.
post #57 of 61 (permalink) Old 07-12-2016, 12:25 PM

Please help....just got a new 2012 Lotus Evora S and I locked my keys in the trunk. I know its incredibly stupid, but I can't find the spare key. It actually may be in the glove box (hasn't been out of the garage much). Any help would be greatly appreciated. The dealer is "trying to figure out a plan".
post #58 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 08:10 AM

Good evening

I disconnected my (Lotus Elise S2) battery as I have been away a lot recently. My boot lock now appears to have jammed and I cannot get into the boot to reconnect the battery - or get into the car at all!

Could someone please PM me with the solution to getting into the boot easily?

I have been a member of the forum for some time - and posted a couple of times some time ago if you can see this as evidence of me being a genuine owner. If you can't this I can search for a post to prove this and link you to it. (If it's not already obvious I'm not great with how online forums work!)

Any help greatly appreciated!

Rob
post #59 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 11:17 AM

...also, I can email someone from my corporate email address if that would make you more comfortable that I'm a legit Lotus owner etc. Thanks.
post #60 of 61 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 11:35 AM

Can someone PM me the procedure on how to get in.

-2005 Lotus Elise
-2015 Mercedes C300
-2016 4Runner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in