Lotus service/repair in smaller cities? - LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 08:08 AM Thread Starter

Lotus service/repair in smaller cities?

Hello everyone,

Lotus owners that live in smaller cities, how do you go about maintenance and repair of your car?

Does anyone have recommendations for a service/repair shop Utah?
Ferrari Of Salt Lake City used to be an authorized Lotus dealer, but they no longer do it. A couple people have suggested Makes and Models in the Layton area.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 06:22 AM

Hello and good afternoon. Asking the same question for Portland, Maine, if anyone knows any good shops in Northern New England, please let me know!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:19 AM

These cars use many common parts with Toyota / engine trans etc. a good quality shop can service these items. The suspension is rather simple and again a good quality shop can handle the maintancence. The tough area to service is the air conditioner and interior components as the confined space makes everything tough.

I generally research the problem and then save and take the references to the shop so they have a starting point, printing up the pages from service manuals can be helpful also. Searching this forum has a wealth of good help. This post is very on topic for this discussion https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/p...-elise-458242/
I would bookmark the source for shop manuals.

In most areas there is a guy around that specializes in performance cars. Seek this shop out. In my area my guy is a lot better than the lotus dealer and a lot less expensive.

Last edited by Ron-323; 06-17-2018 at 07:37 AM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-17-2018, 07:39 AM

What Ron said!
It's not a difficult car to care for.
Any good mechanic can work on this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-323 View Post
These cars use many common parts with Toyota / engine trans etc. a good quality shop can service these items. The suspension is rather simple and again a good quality shop can handle the maintancence. The tough area to service is the air conditioner and interior components as the confined space makes everything tough.

I generally research the problem and then save and take the references to the shop so they have a starting point, printing up the pages from service manuals can be helpful also. Searching this forum has a wealth of good help. This post is very on topic for this discussion https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f3/p...-elise-458242/
I would bookmark the source for shop manuals.

In most areas there is a guy around that specializes in performance cars. Seek this shop out. In my area my guy is a lot better than the lotus dealer and a lot less expensive.

Stay Tuned.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community > Lotus Discussions > Maintenance and Repairs.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the LotusTalk - The Lotus Cars Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in