The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Refurbishing the airbag cover back to new

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Chucksndunks 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Thanks for the great video but members should try using Denatured Alcohol prior to going into taking things apart. See the post https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/sticky-plastic-interior-pieces-405241/ where this was discussed. I wiped mine down with strong Denatured Alcohol from Home Depot a year ago and it took the goo off completely. It looked like factory new when I was done (60 seconds) and still looks factory fresh a year later. Your vid is good because it also paints the silver ring that all of us have to deal with when the paint chips/peals/scratches. I put CF wrap on mine but the Plasticoat is awesome stuff to!

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks for the great video but members should try using Denatured Alcohol prior to going into taking things apart. See the post https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/sticky-plastic-interior-pieces-405241/ where this was discussed. I wiped mine down with strong Denatured Alcohol from Home Depot a year ago and it took the goo off completely. It looked like factory new when I was done (60 seconds) and still looks factory fresh a year later. Your vid is good because it also paints the silver ring that all of us have to deal with when the paint chips/peals/scratches. I put CF wrap on mine but the Plasticoat is awesome stuff to!
I know what you mean I used acetone to remove the tacky layer off prior to sanding and it came off but It looked somewhat faded and some of the scratches where deep that’s why I sanded and painted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.