The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Replacing coolant hoses, ? about passenger sill connection

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Smoky 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello

The silicone coolant hose replacement kit I am using came with a hose that would connect the water pump (assuming that is the pump) to the passenger sill. I think this is the heater feed/radiator return pipe. At least, I think that is how it looks like it is routed.

Of course, this pipe goes into the sill and the connection is inside.

I was wondering if it is feasible/acceptable to cut this hose and add a new male/male connection at a point outside of the sill so I can replace at least the exposed portion of the hose? Is that something people do or would it be frowned upon for some reason?

Thanks!

#4 ·
I thought about this for a while, and decided not to do the swap. my reason is that I assumed the connection posed more potential risk then the old hoses that seemed to be in reasonable condition.

Additionally I chose not to drop my fuel tank because the fasteners are all very rusted, However if yours is in better shape it doesn't look like too much work to drop the tank and replace the hoses the proper way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.