The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

RH Headlight Out - No current - Corroded wire or SPM failure?

923 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  SHIFFY 
#1 ·
Howdy everyone,

My RH side headlight recently went completely out. I've been troubleshooting it and I'm not getting any voltage to the plug by the headlight. I have reason to suspect it's one of the two following issues:
1. Switch Pack Module is bad
2. I have a corroded wire somewhere along the circuit

Does anyone have a wiring diagram or can you answer this? When power flows through the car, does it hit the switch pack module before it hits the fuse box or vise versa? I am getting power to the fuse.

My reason for concern is that the previous owner converted the headlights to HID's and now they are constantly on any time the car is on. I don't know if this is normal, I suspect not, so it leads me to believe there is some janky wiring going on somewhere.

Before I pull the front clam and trace the wire, I'd like to figure out the order of which modules in the current get hit.

If it is the switch pack module, where can I find one in the US in fairly speedy time?

Thanks!!

See less See more
#3 ·
Got it fixed!

Ordered a new switch pack module from EliseParts.com last week, got it in the mail today and swapped the old one out for the new one!

It works like a dream!

Many thanks to EliseParts.com and your super quick shipping to the lower 48!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.